CEJesson

Beijing Olympics/Team GB update thread

I thought I'd post this seeing as nobody else has yet.

Who is watching the games? Who is rallying round Team GB or other teams?

I watched the thrilling badminton match between Gail Emms/Nathan Robertson vs the chinese - they were 1 match a-piece and on the third match GB were trailing 17-12 but they came back to win 21-19. Fantastic

Today we've scored a bronze in the three day team eventing and David Florence has scored a silver in the canoeing. We have qualified to the final of the Mens double rowing, and Womens double sculls, Mens single sculls, Mens double sculls.

TEAM GB UPDATE 12/08/2007 @ 17:12

2 x Gold - Swimming (R. Adlington) and Cycling (N.Cooke)

1 x Silver - Canoeing (D. Florence)

2 x Bronze - Eventing (Team Bronze medal) and Swimming (J. Jackson)

TEAM GB UPDATE 12/08/2007 @ 17:13

Both Team GB Mens and Womens teams have qualified to the semi finals of the 200m Fly in Swimming.

David Florence was actually looking set for a gold medal but the only competitor left to post a time was unfortunately the reigning world champion and he posted a time 2 seconds quicker than Florence even with a 2 second time penalty!

hi chris

has a girl from rotherham won a medal for boxing i think her name is susan holfold my dad said she won sillver she lives in our village hope she did and dad not got it wrong

cheers theresa

I was very impressed with the swimmers.

Nightmare the next day at my gym though............ EVERYONE wanted to swim... lots of new people, with nice, new goggles, and swimming hats! :lol::rolleyes:

Just got next weeks Radio Times & YAY, they are showing taekwondo on mine & mr p's week off together, so we'll be able to record it for JP :thumbs:

hi chris

has a girl from rotherham won a medal for boxing i think her name is susan holfold my dad said she won sillver she lives in our village hope she did and dad not got it wrong

cheers theresa

Hi Theresa,

The stats show Team G has not won a medal in Boxing as yet, it could be that she finished 2nd in a heat.

Chris

TEAM GB UPDATE 12/08/2008 @ 21:31

Team GB's Gemma Spofforth agonisingly missed out on a bronze medal in the Women's 100m Backstroke by just 0.04 seconds. She started out in 7th place but had a good turn and final quarter. However she now holds the European Record and is the first Brit to hold a European Record in over 50 years.

Edited by CEJesson

Hi Theresa,

The stats show Team G has not won a medal in Boxing as yet, it could be that she finished 2nd in a heat.

Chris

hi chris

yes it was her, saw her dad and he is sooooooo proud of her she lost 1st in heat via a couple of points sorry her name is sharon not susan,

thanks theresa x

Edited by tjw

I do have a confession. I went to the same school as 17 year old swimmer elizabeth simmonds, who got to semi finals of 200m backstroke and is due to take part in the 400m backstroke. It is her first olympics, shes still at the school I think she is doing A-levels