jlp

Agh! he wants his party in a shop!

Ds#2 (5 next month and currently being assessed) is absolutely contrary! He's had so many ideas of where he wants his birthday party - Wacky Warehouse, local sports centre etc and his latest idea is that he wants a party in Fenwicks! He's obsessed with toys and asks for one every day and Fenwicks have a lovely toy department.

I've explained that we could visit Fenwicks instead of a party but no he wants an actual party there with friends (NOT going to happen! Even if they did parties which they don't - being a shop!)

He changes his mind daily and is very apt to refuse to go to the actual party on the day if that's not the place he wants to go that day.

I'd be tempted to cancel the idea of a party altogether but he's been obsessing about his birthday since the last one (daily) and we said he could have a party so I don't want to go back on that.

No answers, just a mild moan! I will carefully try and make him understand that we can visit the toy shop or he can have a party (he gets a few pressies whatever). I delibrately didn't give him a choice about where he's having his party if he has one but it hasn't stopped him obsessing where to have it.

O gawd im so glad it aint just ds!!! It is his birthday on 26th Aug n ive still no idea what he wants to do...today he wants the cinema with 2 mates but yesterday it was a family meal to the chinese restaurant...and he is already on bout next years birthday!!!!!!

Well if you're passing by in September and see a bunch of us having a picnic in the toy department...it'll mean ds#2 got his own way!

Well if you're passing by in September and see a bunch of us having a picnic in the toy department...it'll mean ds#2 got his own way!

:lol::lol::lol: