Sign in to follow this  
bid

Sacroiliac Joint Hypomobility

Months and months ago I posted that my GP thought I had bursitis in my right hip.

Well!! I finally had my physio appointment come through, and in actual fact I have Sacroiliac Joint Hypomobility!! :o It means my right hip doesn't rotate and is sort of fixed, although it is rotating now 'cos I've been manipulated and wot not!!

On the plus side, apparently I am very bendy and flexible (she didn't add 'for someone of your age' but I felt the words were hanging there!) with very good movement in my back...so oo-er, matron! :clap:

Boho :hypno:

bid, does that mean your ballet dancing days are over ? :P:lol:

Seriously, sounds very painful! That hip might be sore tomorrow.

Floz :)

bid, does that mean your ballet dancing days are over ? :P:lol:

Seriously, sounds very painful! That hip might be sore tomorrow.

Floz :)

Sadly I fear so, although I touched the floor with flat hands effortlessly :o today and the physio nearly got caught by my leg when she asked me to stick it out to the side! :P:devil::clap:

Boho :whistle:

Her Par de deux has turned into a 'Pardon me' :oops: Similar 'slips' occur in Yoga, I've heard.

Seriously, glad that manipulation has helped :thumbs: Let's hope it 'takes', or that you're allowed regular sessions of same :)

Try standing with your back to the wall, with the backs of your feet tight against the skirting, and bending forward to touch your toes. if you can hold it for more than three seconds I'll give you �100.00 (unless you have very deep skirting boards)...

:D

Try standing with your back to the wall, with the backs of your feet tight against the skirting, and bending forward to touch your toes. if you can hold it for more than three seconds I'll give you �100.00 (unless you have very deep skirting boards)...

:D

DH just stopped me from nearly knocking myself out on the side of the stairs when I initially tried to do this in the very narrow passage leading to the kitchen! :lol::notworthy:

But (tragically) am disproportionately v. pleased with self that I can put my hands flat on the floor just in front of my feet with legs straight!! Woop! :o:ph34r::clap::dance:

Boho :clap:

Edited by bid

DH just stopped me from nearly knocking myself out on the side of the stairs when I initially tried to do this in the very narrow passage leading to the kitchen! :lol::notworthy:

Boho :clap:

Gawd hun, that made me laugh! :lol: I can picture you doing that. :clap:

I can touch me toes - and the floor - and can put my foot over my head - AND can sit with legs crossed the wrong way round, as in feet on knees (have no idea what you call that! - other than bendy!).

So ner, ner, neeeeee, ner, ner :P:lol::rolleyes: