Sign in to follow this  
sesley

Food and diet don't know what to do

:wallbash: i,m at a dead end again i can.t get p to try new foods and now his red spagetti is wrong i would love to get him to eat with us :gather: amd :eat: what i cook for family dinner, he won't he is on baby like food ground up and farleys rusks and biscuits and chcoalte and yoguts ,chips sometimes not the crinkley ones and taost but not sandwiches, he has iq 3 times a day, he's slim but not looking like a Belson inmate yet, he has just had anpther bout of constipation and i am considering trying my eldest sons idea give him 3 choices no red spagetti for a week, no nexties unless he eats family dinner of his choice ,but they are back in school now and i don't want to upset him for school :unsure: any one else here having diet :wallbash: formulas that won;t change

sorry sesley

I have no great words of wisdom, my daughter has widened her list of foods as she has got older but it is still quite limited and she regularly changes her favourites.

The thing that got through to me that stopped me worrying too much was my GP telling me she is still growing and eating something.

I don't know what helps others but i stopped worrying and would keep trying and eventually she would try some things and even like them!

I would give her something to try alongside what she would eat (a bit like giving a drink of something nice after medicine)

Nic

How old is he?..........my boy struggled with more solid type foods till he was about 6 yrs, he still had food pureed at 3 yrs.

You so have my sympathies...im drained trying to feed my ds(9 today)..it borders on the impossible and some days im almost worried he will not even eat cos he has so many sensory issues. Im dreading school cos he wont eat school dinners but wont eat bread or anything remotely like it so packed lunch is out!!!!!! This week the only stuff he will eat is crinkly cut chips fried only tho...do them in the oven n he wont go near them and muffins but only a certain brand n only done in the toaster not the grill!!!!!!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I really feel for you, maybe a reward scheme when he tries a mouthful of something new? Another thing I tried with T was playing a game by blindfolding him and he had to guess what it tasted like and what it was.

Mind you T will, only eat faggots and mushy peas, toast with peanut butter (never untoasted bread) and Mc's and chocolate. He flips if he sees fruit but he will eat roasted parsnips by the plateful.

sorry have no wrds of wisdom as reece has a very limited diet too lives on choc spread sarnies crisps yoghurts and cereal (the one hes eating at the time)and ham a dietician for a while but in the end she said hes growing normaly and is not under weight or lethargic so she said to stop worrying which is wat i have done as it was a battle every meal time which was not helping anyone my daughters very good and she keeps offering something she likes took her 6 months but he finally tried some ham which he liked but wont eat it in sarnies just on its own but its a start...

so we just let him eat wat he likes and now its so more relaxed at meal times and every so often we add something to his plate thats different most of the time he takes it off his plate but hopefully one day he will try more foods

good luck it is such a worry....

love donnaxxxxxx

same with my son , on first day back this week , he ate a plate of tuna, cheese and cucumber for lunch that was it , this was going on last term when his teacher was off sick and no one was watching over them at lunch. Its because he doesn't want to use his knife and doesn't want to eat anything thats hard or crunchy.Its all about sensory issues and The thing is the school dont realise what tricks he will do to do things "his way" and then he is starving all day. school dont seem to recognise his As at all