Sign in to follow this  
jonathan

is this an ASD disorder?

Hi

My friends son is 5 years of age, he has alot of repetative ways, he will play with other children in his home enviroment but finds it hard to mix at nursery/school, he can get abit aggitated if he can't have his own way, he also has food issues and walks round and around the garden moving his fingers in a tick toc, clock kind of motion(he has done this for over a year now) this is becoming increasingly more and more obsessive,he says he is a cassette recorder

he also is obsessive with grid and fans, toilet flushing, remote controls

anything with buttons really, my son has A.S and even though they have similar traits I'm not convinced it is that, it this just part of child development or could there be something we are both missing

many thanks

Hi jonathan

Sounds like it could be to me but without more background it is hard to say, what does his mum think. I think it would be worth having a word with someone ether from school or they could get in touch with the school nurse maybe for a referral.

Chris

There are a lot of things there which could point to ASD. It certainly does not sound like normal child development. Have you talked to your friend about it at all?

From what know of early years development, I wouldn't class some of this this as 'average' behaviour but like the others, I agree that there are many possible explanations for what the child is displaying.

Going down the referral route won't hurt, and hopefully any problems will be picked up.

From what know of early years development, I wouldn't class some of this this as 'average' behaviour but like the others, I agree that there are many possible explanations for what the child is displaying.

Going down the referral route won't hurt, and hopefully any problems will be picked up.

Thankyou all for replying it is appreciated :thumbs: