Sign in to follow this  
Diane

odd socks

I have a basket og 23 odd socks. Still hoping the other halfs will turn up.

How sad is that!!

You might find This Thread useful from post number 36 onwards...

Failing that, I think someone posted in 'quirks' about their child only wearing odd socks - you could perhaps arrange a deal with them.

And for the future, I seem to remember Kathryn knows a thing or two (or should that be a pair...) about methods of holding socks together in the washing machine.

Or, just buy all the socks the same, then you'll always have a pair (but don't get me started on this one because I can tell the difference even if they look the same).

:D

The way to find the lost sock is to throw away the odd one you have in your basket. Then the other one will turn up, guaranteed!

The way to find the lost sock is to throw away the odd one you have in your basket. Then the other one will turn up, guaranteed!

Gosh, yes that does happen doesn't it? :lol: Without fail.

I wonder if there's a way of pretending to throw out the odd sock and trick the missing one into thinking it's safe to come back :)

Flo' :)

I have had a missing sock come back today. It must have known it was being talked about. :lol: Only another 22 to find!

It is my son on the quirks thread who wears odd socks. My NT daughter does also. As for me I like a matching pair.

Warren, I did the same thing as you with my boys socks. Went out and put a huge batch of identical pairs in black.

Trouble is, with washing etc, they are now all different shades of black and I still find myself spending time matching them.... you can't win!!!

Flo' :D

And for the future, I seem to remember Kathryn knows a thing or two (or should that be a pair...) about methods of holding socks together in the washing machine.

Little plastic feet thingies with two holes in to poke the socks through. :thumbs: They stay united right through the wash until you put them away. Couldn't live without them. They get lost and broken eventually but some helpful person on the forum told me where I might find more. :)

K x