Sign in to follow this  
shamu

Fantastic news!

We've had a difficult summer - well, we had quite a good summer due to playschemes etc being available - because we knew that there was no appropriate school for DS come September. He was meant to go to the borough's SLD school in the autistic provision, but a lack of teaching staff meant that he couldn't start. He couldn't go back to nursery either so he's been at home full time every day since last week :o . I knew they were recruiting, but was told that it would probably be January (when DS finally is of "statutory" school age) before he'd start :rolleyes:

On Monday I got the phone call I had never expected - they'd recruited a teacher who could start immediately :dance::thumbs: She has a three week induction, then the children will have a graded start, but he'll be in full time appropriate school before half term :bounce: Can you tell I'm excited!!! We had our first morning for settling in and he seems happy, there's only 5 in his class and the three adult teachers/support workers. I'm over the moon and just wanted to share something positive on the boards as I feel I come here full of woe a lot....

Roll on October!!!!

Shamu

;)

Glad his settling in went well - thats fantastic news :)

We have an ear and throat infection here - been at Harmonie tonight - poor beastie - explains the stress though!

Lynne x

How fab! Congratulations! Light at the end of the tunnel- what a great adult/child ratio

now you can settle and enjoy these last few weeks knowing you can prepare him well for starting

take care,

Sarah