caz2007

Order/sorting

hi there

can anybody tell me if as has anything to do with putting things in order, if if there not in the right order i sit there in till there was in the right order evertime.

thanks any adive would be good thanks

caz

Hi Caz,

This is very common in AS, but it can also be caused by Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's also possible to have AS and OCD. It's important to be assessed by someone experienced, who can tell the difference.

everything has to be in my order :lol: DVD's not necessarily in alphabet order but order of recently watched so i know what ive seen before/favourites etc. Other things are generally in order depending on need eg, emergency equipment out on display, then daily use gear then other stuff is stowed away usually in an order known only to me!!

Even messyness can have an order!! My spare room is piled with stuff but its still in order, one corner military kit/clothing another sationary, and another lego/toys. The fourth corner has the door :lol:

This is always a big part of my day.. I always considered it to be part of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder :)

It can be hard to work it out, but I think that if it causes you problems then it has crossed over from being a desire for order and into an illness.

I put my CDs in alphabetical order. Ordering them gives me pleasure and once they are ordered I am happy. I do not get upset if one is out of place - minorly irritated, but not upset. This is probably part of the autism, and not harmful.

But it takes me ages to leave the house and sometimes I am late for work because of all the checking I have to do before I leave the house. I do not enjoy the checking and wish I didn't have to do it. If I can't do my checks, I think about them the whole time I am out. In my opinion this is an illness, because it causes me problems and drives me up the wall.

i now often i leave the house and i think have i locked the door "em em" i sure i have and i go back and i have and i had this for years i often worrie about if i locked it all not.

caz

The last thing I have to do before I leave the house is go to the toilet. the worst is if we go out as a family and some one goes to the toilet after me I have to go again.

It's ok I can hear you all laughing at this one. :lol: :lol:

I have to double and tripple check plugs and then go to the toilet before shutting the front door and checking that I have actually done it!!

I am not AS I leave that to my son so it may be OCD but I can live with it.

reece rearanges everything if its not in the order he left it ......

im not as but like dianne i have to use the toilet after everyone before we go out.... and i double check all the doors lol

love donnaxxxxx