JsMum

I did it, and its thanks to J.

I have a really bad phobia, its going to the dentist, and Ive put of going for treatment for over 2 months that today I put into practice all the advice and support I offer J when he is having his Panic Attacks, and guess what I am fine,

I had an extraction, a tooth out, The dentist who is a nervous patience specailist numbed my gum first and then placed the needle in slowly, I squezzed the assistants hand to tight her hand went numb. The Dentist went throw some some breathing excersises with me, on the side was J doing the same and encouraging me, I am soooo proud of him because all the hard work is now showing because J was able to show some empathy!

Jay kept asking me if I was O.K and I had to keep giving him the thumbs up as I was numb, he kept on asking me though, I guess he needed to hear the yes, so the dentist who Knows Js special needs explained to him that the thumbs up means yes,

he then went oh good, bless him, We asked J if he wanted to go out the room while the pulling and tugging happened as that bit is not very nice, so a lady took him into the corridor and they waited,

It took about 2 mins and they let him in again,

again he asked me if I was OK, I nodded, but he asked again, so I gave a mumbled Yes, he asked why was I talking like that, the Dentist then said its because her mouth and toungue are numb, he asked again if I was ok And again I said yes.

I have been O.K overall,

It wasnt exactly pleasant but with J encouraging me, and me doing the breathing exercises and the Fantastic Dentist and assistant it went better than I expected.

The gum is sore and the numbness is just wearing off, the tooth was infected and the Dentist said it needed urgent attention, so it is good that its finally out.

I cant believe I did it, but it is thanks to J for all his support but I wanted to show him you can get over your worstest fears, and all that practice has finally given us both positive results, we coped.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

Well done, and what a lovely son you have! :wub:

I must confess I hate dentists too and I recently plucked up courage to go and have a filling done after a break of a couple of years.

Hope you're feeling a bit more comfortable now and the numbness is going - mind you don't dribble your coffee!

>:D<<'>

K x

I think anyone who can have anything like that done at the dentist, without sedation :o is very brave! I always have to have 20mg of temazepan before having anything done :)

Well done Jsmum, and well done J for being so supportive :thumbs:

Flora :D

:thumbs::thumbs:

Well done, both of you

:thumbs::thumbs:

I feel an old joke coming on:

Woman: I'd rather have a baby than have a tooth pulled

Dentist: Well hurry up and make your mind up - I've got to adjust the chair

:D

it may be an old joke b/d but i havent heard it b4 and must say it made me chuckle :lol: i know i am easly pleased.

and a big well done at the dentice that realy is the way to lead jsmum you were very brave, i think i must be a bit strange because i like going to the dentice, not so brave this wk i had day surgary on weds and still feel like rubbish and ds is trea,ting me like i have the plauge he is not happy at all, this is the 1st time he has seen me ill,

hope the mouth feels better soon and give a hug to ds for looking out for you >:D<<'>

takecare

theresa