jlp

Ds#1 very upset

Ds#1 has recently made friends with some boys (5 and 7) who live 2 streets away, they seem to roam at random with no one keeping an eye on them and after having them for an entire weekend - from waking till sleeping we banned them from our garden. They were bringing lots of other children in and it was chaos and they weren't behaving very well, chucking stuff at the windows, swearing and it just got too much.

We agreed with ds#1 that he could play in our street with the children, on the path only. In the past few days ds#1 has been shouted at twice - once the 5 year old boy threw a stone at someone's window and someone came out, ds#1 was blamed although the boys later told me that K(5) threw the stone, and shouted at ds#1 and threatened to kill him if he saw him there again :o . I brought ds#1 in but let him play out again yesterday where this boy spat at someone's car, again ds#1 was the one blamed and threatened with the police. Again the boys told me that 'K' had done it and when I went to speak to the man he pointed 'K' out so I'm happy it wasn't my ds#1 either time.

So we banned him from playing with 'K' as he keeps getting him into trouble.

He's been really upset about being unfairly blamed and shouted at.

Today he went out to play and wants to go and play with the boys on the street where these boys live which isn't going to happen. He went on and on about how terrible his life is and was eventually told he was not allowed to play out at all today. Much sobbing and he took himself off in a huff.

Ds#2 came downstairs to tell me that ds#1 was sitting upstairs strangling himself so I went up, he's sitting with a table tennis net wrapped around his neck many times and turning bright red.

I feel sick. How can we make him see that something so minor is not worth taking his life over - you always hear about children hanging themselves after minor tiffs.

Leaving this quickly as ds#2 has just appeared to say he's flooded the bathroom

It must be terrible for you.

We eventually moved to a house in a much busier road with an enclosed garden partly because it was all too much to deal with other children in our quiet cul-de-sac. He doesn't play out now and does miss out on things which is a shame in many ways but the situation as it was was making him so unhappy.

Simon

We've a hospital appointment tomorrow afternoon.

Ds#1 is ok today, a little bit quiet, although he did cause alarm by running right out of school and down the street after me because he thought he'd forgotten his pencil case.