Sign in to follow this  
Suze

Sunshine!!

whey hey.................bbc1 tonite steve coogan, sunshine :thumbs: , filmed in the lovely up north village where I spent the first 25 years of my life.Goyt chippy is featured where every sat me dad would buy us a chippy dinner, the canal where we would have sunday walks, my hubbies primary school ......................ooh the nostalgia :wacko: .............fabbie wabbie :notworthy:

Awww - didn't find this until after it had finished, but i will keep an eye out on BBC3 for a repeat of join in next week :)

I'd like to see the chippy where a marginally smaller you dipped into your weekly bag of chips and 'crackling' (do they call it "crackling" oop north - basically it's the drips of batter that cook around the fish, and every time they reload the frier they scoop 'em out and give 'em away as freebies? When I was ickle there was one chippy - the 'Master' chippy in T Wells who would put smaller bits of fish and ones that broke while being served up in his crackling pot too - it was a real treat to get half a piece of cod for nuffink!).

I read a (not very flattering) review of the prog just now, and they said it's based in a 'Hovis' village - so i now have visions of a scabby kneed you running 'tut' shops across the cobbles in a hand knitted sweater and grey shorts, then struggling int drizzle to push your bike and basket up the hill back to mam and the waiting boota dish :)

:D

There seem to be a lot of good short series on during that slot. Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes were two of my favourites, but I also enjoyed the one that just finished called Mutual Friends, though I missed the last episode.

:lol: , there are still cobbles to be found, the programme reminded me very much of me youth, and yes there are quite a few hills too.Its a small village that grew up around a cotton mill, very northern I guess, me mam and dad still live there :lol: , and me dad DOES have a flat cap :dance:

:lol::clap:

Eh bah goom suze us northerners do come in for some stick.... just as well we're a good natured bunch!

I was reading in the paper this morning that the Filipino Embassy has complained about Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse show which portrayed a toff and his neighbour trying to mate their pet northerner with a Filipino maid! There was a lot of guff about how it was insulting to Filipinos but nothing about it being insulting to northerners :lol: I think it's because we are impervious :thumbs:

Ecky thump, I love a bit of black pudding with my reeeeeeal butta and reeal bread :dance:

Flozzie :D xx

me mam and dad still live there :lol: , and me dad DOES have a flat cap :dance:

Hey, maybe your mam and dad could apply to be extras and could stroll along in the background eating chips or something, give it an authentic feel!

~ Mel ~