Sign in to follow this  
rach04

bad behavior!!

J has always been a little :wallbash: at home and up till September he was in a mainstream primary now after years of fighting i have got him in to special school but his behavior has gone pear shaped.

Primary said they never had a problem with him you know he doesnt do it here it must be you talk :whistle: but since september weve had better behavior at home but school he has been a little sod!!! He was reprimanded (sp) for hitting another lad this lad had called him a name but instead if going to the teacher he smacked him one both were put on detention. Little things have happened inbetween but today he has had to spend the whole day in support for being disruptive in class :wallbash: as far as im aware he never did this in primary. What the hell do i do with him its getting embarrassing? Hes coping well with work and the transistion has gone smoothly its just this arghhhhhhh

Is it possible that he could be copying behaviour? Do any of the other children display challenging behaviour? Is it an ASD specific school?

Cat

What kind of special school is the school? he has a few overlapping diagnosis, it maybe that he still requires more spercific support, what did the boy call him, was he already struggling with a task and was the name a form of putting your sons abilities down, what was the subject and what was your son trying to do? JsMum

What kind of special school is the school? he has a few overlapping diagnosis, it maybe that he still requires more spercific support, what did the boy call him, was he already struggling with a task and was the name a form of putting your sons abilities down, what was the subject and what was your son trying to do? JsMum

all kinds of disabilities asd adhd etc. this lad called him gay he has adhd, after speaking to his teacher properly today i have asked her to make him go out at lunch as hes spending all his lunch in ict and not burning off.

I think the subject was english but she says they wernt doing anything he found difficult.

She also said when they had the transition meeting j was played down by his senco as being borderline asd but she said she sees asd in everything he does!!! She thinks because they have the knowledge and support there for him and are ruling everything as "typical" behaviors as all the other kids are doing it he is yes coping.

I have stopped his pocket money for the month. i think for me its shock as i have spent 6 years telling primary that they must see the behaviors at school as i do at home but they have denied it and blamed it on me and now everything is coming out itms.

is it possible the primary school did not admit to you that he was displaying these behaviours?

Also did he have a 1:1 at primary but doesn't have 1:1 in the special school due to smaller class sizes and all the kids having additional needs?

is it possible the primary school did not admit to you that he was displaying these behaviours?

Also did he have a 1:1 at primary but doesn't have 1:1 in the special school due to smaller class sizes and all the kids having additional needs?

Sorry been awol. he did have 1.1 in primary but only the last 4 months or so.

It got worse yesterday with him shouting at a teacher and now hes on report!!! Today has been better his report says he was only a little distracted in science i suppose im just gonna have to ride it out :wallbash: thanks all