Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Amending Statement and naming school Secondary Transfer

Hi All /Kathryn in particular :rolleyes::)

The LEA asked parents of children in year 6 with Statements to consult secondary schools and name up to 3 schools by today.The panel will then consider all of the requests at a special panel in November.

Last Thursday parents recieved the proposed amended Statements to review.The amendments will then also be confirmed at panel.

In our case half of the provision is not included in the new draft.So we have in effect consulted the schools with a different Statement.

Isn't the order wrong ? Karen.

Yes - it's putting the cart before the horse, as it were. Until it's clear what provision is needed, how can a decicion be made about a suitable school?

This is really frustrating. What is missing from part 3, and what kind of seciondary school do you have your eye on?

K x

Kathryn.We have named a main stream secondary....just one as an option.We know the school well as our elder DS is there.Two year 7s at the school have AS and they appear to be doing ok.We consulted the school at length and think it is the best option.We have been told it is very unlikely we will not be given our choice .

Everything but the provision for AS is missing which is rather amusing since the psychiatrist has not confirmed the AS Dx in writing to the LEA yet. :rolleyes:

OT,Self-Care,use of alphasmart,behaviour management,Sensory Integration have all gone.

It appears that the LEA sent off the year 5 annual reviews to some people in Essex to type up the Amended Statements [no offence to people from Essex intended...we live in London :) ] I can see the sections that have been taken out of the AR word for word.

Fortunately we have had a very good year 6 review since October last year.The year 6 AR was a couple of weeks ago.

We will just be insisting that the old Statement is kept as it was very good and nobody has agreed to anything being taken out.

I just cannot believe it.

You remember the thread the other day about the postage....where I replied to your post that it was not the LEA but the HT who was unable to delegate posting a letter.

What can I say..... :wallbash::lol:

If this has happened to everyone in the borough me thinks the phone will be busy in the morning....it is also the deadline for secondary applications.Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Oh Karen its so frustrating and stressful isn't it.

Good luck and wishing you much strength to fight for the school which best meets your son's needs.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Well at least the school placement is not an issue, especially as you already have a child there. Rather ironic that they've only included the provision for AS!

Sounds like incompetence rather than deliberate sabotage, - I'm sure you'll be keeping a close eye on proceedings!

I hope everything is put back in once the panel have had a look at it, and that the final statement is as it should be! :wallbash:

K x