Sign in to follow this  
hedders

IEP / GOLD SELF ESTEEM PROGRAMME

Having some success with junior school at the mo with support from her class teacher but not the senco.

teacher managed to get 3 targets on her new iep one for literacy, numeracy and social skills.

The social skills is gold self esteem programme on a weekly basis.

Any info on this ???

The Senco will decide in December if dd will be referred to ed psy

There was an IEP meeting with teachers and senco.

The senco refused to get dd referred to SLT as they discharged her a 2yr ago saying she didnt need any intervention.

the class teacher said she cant go above the senco decision and has asked me to if i could contact slt and get a parental referral instead as she agrees with me that dd could have a language disorder what i said to every one since she was 4yrs old now nearly 8yrs old.

How do i go through parental referral for SLT and whats my chances?? She has previously been discharged twice last time we saw them was 2yrs ago

Edited by hedders

Having some success with junior school at the mo with support from her class teacher but not the senco.

RE: gold self esteem programme on weekly basis for social skills.

I would think it is a programme that the school has devised themselves. I am LSA in secondary and our programme is called SkI which stands for skills for interaction. We used recognised books from the talkabout series which have printable worksheets and cover building self esteem, relationships and social communication skills. Parents,carers or teachers can use them if you have access to a photocopier. I have one of the series " talkabout relationships" which I used with my son A/S several years ago.