Cat

VERY Proud Mother Moment

DS3 has been a member of the Sunderland Aquatic Wellness Centre for a few months now. It was recommended that he went there for on-going physio issues. He loves it. Anyway tomorrow night Children in Need is coming live from the Aquatic Centre where amongst other things the member of the Wellness Centre have been attempting a 'Million Mile Challenge' this week. DS3 did his bit towards that yesterday.

Half an hour ago I got a phone call from the Aquatic Centre saying that they would like DS3 to be the one to complete their Million Mile Challenge tomorrow night. DS3 had said yes. I am elated DS3 is quite happy about this to. I have no idea if he will be on TV and that is not really important. What is important is that it proves autistic children and adults can be active members of our community if their needs are met. The Aquatic Centre are aware that DS3 is autistic, and that is probably why he has been chosen given the event. I have to say that from day one the staff there have all been amazing with him to the point that I now go into the cafe have a cup of coffee and let them take over.

DS3 was going anyway tomorrow night because he has been sponsored to do an hour at the centre for Children in Need but DS3 finishing the challenge will be a very proud moment for his dear old Mum.

Cat

Edited by Cat

GO DS3!!!!! Fantastic - a million miles - that's going some!!

I'll be watching - OJ likes to see the Dr Who special and hopefully that will be on or one unhappy OJ!!!

Well done

Stella xx

Oh wow! :thumbs:

I'll look out for this tomorrow. If you get any more information about when they'll be showing it, let us know! :)

K x

Thanks Guys :)

All we have been told is that DS3 will do the millionth mile. They said that they have no idea if it will be on TV. If it is I would imagine it would be shown on our local slot which is Look North. My Mum is doing her proud granny bit and has promised to video the show, although she is coming with us to see him in action. DS3 can do about 8K on these machines without even breaking into a sweat he makes me sick :sick::lol:

Cat