Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Fingers Crossed

A few months ago I joined the Mensa Cat Club and they sent me their magazine. There was an introduction from the editor saying she's hardly received any articles recently, so I decided to send one in for the Christmas issue. Because they've had so few, I hope I am in with a good chance of getting one included. I have a few ideas of things to write about, but the one I have written and sent in is about the big cats I saw in Tanzania last summer. I included some pictures I took of lions, cheetahs and a leopard, as well as a couple of feral cats. They have a photo gallery of readers' cats, so I also sent photos of my cats. I'm working on another article about the origins of the cat. It would be cool to see an article written by myself in print, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

The Mensa Cat club - is that for cats with a high IQ? :D

Good luck, and let us know when we can see you in print!

K x

Tally is that a Mensa SIG?

I never received my Christmas edition of the magazine. I don't know if it didn't get finished on time for some reason, or whether it got lost in the post. I only joined a few months ago so I don't know if there is a frequent issue with them being late. The magazines are done by unpaid volunteers who edit them in their own time, so I'm worried that if I email the editor to ask, she might think I am hassling her, but I would also like to know if they printed my article.

I never received my Christmas edition of the magazine. I don't know if it didn't get finished on time for some reason, or whether it got lost in the post. I only joined a few months ago so I don't know if there is a frequent issue with them being late. The magazines are done by unpaid volunteers who edit them in their own time, so I'm worried that if I email the editor to ask, she might think I am hassling her, but I would also like to know if they printed my article.

Hi tally - don't know for sure but I think on bigger magazines they work at least 2 or 3 issues ahead, so something you submitted in, say, December wouldn't get into a monthly mag until maybe March/April. the turnaround might be quicker on an 'underground' mag for commissioned articles, but unsolicited submissions would probably go in a 'slush pile'... I'd guess, unless the mag said otherwise, that they would send you a heads up if they were going to include it this month(?)

As i say, all guesswork so i hope you hear from them soon :)

L&P

BD

The magazine said the closing date for articles for the Christmas issue was the beginning of December, so I don't think they work like that.

I think I'll give it until the end of January and maybe contact them then.

My magazine arrived today :)

My article is in it :)

Not only that, but the whole magazine is in black and white except the cover, and they put some of my photos on the back page in colour!

My magazine arrived today :)

My article is in it :)

Not only that, but the whole magazine is in black and white except the cover, and they put some of my photos on the back page in colour!

That is great Tally!! :thumbs:

They are a bit small, but I have managed to get them the right way up. If your eyes are good, you might be able to see this.

Page1

Page 2

Page 3 (I did not write the bit about the Cat Genome Project at the bottom of this page.)

Colour Pictures(You'll never notice where I rubbed my name off this one!)

Edited by Tally

They are a bit small, but I have managed to get them the right way up. If your eyes are good, you might be able to see this.

Page1

Page 2

Page 3 (I did not write the bit about the Cat Genome Project at the bottom of this page.)

Colour Pictures(You'll never notice where I rubbed my name off this one!)

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: They are very good.Karen.