Sign in to follow this  
joybed

Have appointment for Piers Assessment

Hi all I had a phonecall from CDC today and because of Piers age they really want to push the assessment through quickly so if their is a problem he can access help quickly. However the earliest CDC appointment is in May so they want him to go for an individual assessment with a paediatrician on the 17 December and then a team meeting if necessary. I have to take him for an hearing test tomorrow. I can,t believe this is happening so quickly. My only concern is that school are not accepting their is a problem even though they have had a few difficuties. He also tends to behave quite well when we go to the hospital, I am worried this will prevent a diagnosis being made. I am also worried his Dad will go in and say their isn,t a problem and that i am not strong enough with the children or that he just copies marcus. I am keeping a diary of events and concerns i have regarding Piers do you think this will help. Any other advice greatly received, been a long time since Marcus was diagnosed and I now feel slightly sick.

i have this problem with blaine,,he also is on best behaviour in hosp,,and school deny any problems??,,even though i met with his teacher last week,she has now decided that oh why does he cover his ears in class??? and tellin me now that he does not concentrate and says he has to be told over and over what to do??????????? they are well aware of his sensory difficulties,but he does not get any help whatsoever??? makes me sick,,but all of a sudden now i am moving him to another school,the head has reeled off his sensory profile to the head of the new school??????????? dont make sense??also what is really buggin me is they say this and when the paed sends for info from them,,,they dont see any problem????