Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Do you Dream?

Do you dream in colour or black and white  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Dream? and if you do are they in colour or black and white?

• Yes I dream
    • No I dont dream
    • I dream in black and white
    • I dream in colour
    • I don't get time to dream
    • My dreams are like a story and one day ill write a book

Hi Everyone.

I was going around the internet the other night and came across this question..... as a result ive found out my daughter sees not only her dreams in colour but also her letters and words. Im sure there is a name for it, but i cant think what it might be.. But it did inspire me to ask the question.. ...because to be honest the path of the dreams which my CON (of) SCIENCE insists on travelling each night, i must dream 'blindly' cos I havent a clue if its colour or black and white... I can clearly 'see' my dreams but never with any association to it been anything to do with my eyes.... :whistle: Does that make sense? :whistle: . but there is a really good reason for why i ask..... no doubt I'll explain that one day....

Shaz

(Jason) Meus Universitas

P.s Please have fun with this poll. i dont think there has been a dream topic for a while?? has there?? >:D<<'>

I think the word you're looking for is synesthesia, where people perceive one sensory phenomenon in terms of another.

My daughter sees words as colours and emotions as shapes, and people report many different crossovers between letters, numbers shapes and sounds . I haven't heard of it being related to dreams. I'm pretty sure I don't dream in black and white but I'm not aware of dreaming in colour either!

K x

Thanks Kathryn

Ill look that up.. but just to clarify.. the question about dreams turned into a conversation about how she sees her alphabet... i dont think the two are connected but it was interesting the way one thing brought about another. thanks for your input/ >:D<<'>

I think the word you're looking for is synesthesia, where people perceive one sensory phenomenon in terms of another.

My daughter sees words as colours and emotions as shapes, and people report many different crossovers between letters, numbers shapes and sounds . I haven't heard of it being related to dreams. I'm pretty sure I don't dream in black and white but I'm not aware of dreaming in colour either!

K x

Strangely I had a dream last night that answered this (for me) perfectly. God knows what it all meant but there was a pad of yellow post-it notes, a woman with red hair, one of those cheeses wrapped in red wax/plastic (not Edam, the annoying small ones that try to trip people up in adverts by bouncing along the pavement) and a green car :wacko:

[Edited as I managed to spell 'cheeses' wrong :shame:]

Edited by TheNeil

LOL. If ever i needed it answering there is no aurgument with that is there.. thanks :clap:

Always glad to help...even if it is by being mentally unhinged ;)

I had this terrible dream that I found a briefcase completely filled with �20 notes. Having a slightly dishonest streak I took the briefcase home rather than handed it to the police. The �20 notes appeared to be genuine but were all consecutively numbered.

A TV news report stated that the security services had deliberately placed 50 briefcases filled with banknotes at various strategic locations throughout the country. The banknotes had special invisible markings to identify them from ordinary banknotes. If anybody was caught spending them or trying to pay them into a bank then they would be prosecuted both for handling stolen goods belonging to the security services and using counterfeit money. The police were well informed of this as it was a national test of honesty and integrity in a time when goodwill and respect for the law had reached rock bottom.

I wondered whether this was a scare story to encourage people to hand over the briefcases to the police. I then decided to examine the banknotes from the briefcase with one that I assumed was genuine using a microscope and viewing it under different light sources to see if any areas changed colour or were fluorescent. There appeared to be no visible differences.

Does this mean that I dream in colour?

I had this terrible dream that I found a briefcase completely filled with �20 notes. Having a slightly dishonest streak I took the briefcase home rather than handed it to the police. The �20 notes appeared to be genuine but were all consecutively numbered.

A TV news report stated that the security services had deliberately placed 50 briefcases filled with banknotes at various strategic locations throughout the country. The banknotes had special invisible markings to identify them from ordinary banknotes. If anybody was caught spending them or trying to pay them into a bank then they would be prosecuted both for handling stolen goods belonging to the security services and using counterfeit money. The police were well informed of this as it was a national test of honesty and integrity in a time when goodwill and respect for the law had reached rock bottom.

I wondered whether this was a scare story to encourage people to hand over the briefcases to the police. I then decided to examine the banknotes from the briefcase with one that I assumed was genuine using a microscope and viewing it under different light sources to see if any areas changed colour or were fluorescent. There appeared to be no visible differences.

Does this mean that I dream in colour?

I once had a dream that I was being chased by a giant green blob, kind of like in The Prisoner.

I would say that this is evidence of you dreaming in colour... both of you. :thumbs: