Sign in to follow this  
baddad

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

I did - I did taw a puddy tat! :thumbs:

I don't know if i posted it at the time, but back in August Tabby Links got killed on the road. :(

Ben was really upset, and has missed her loads since then but has not wanted another cat 'cos it wouldn't be the same etc...

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago he said that he thought he would like a new cat 'soon', so i said that would be okay when he was ready. At the weekend we decided we would get one in the New Year, and just to get ready for that we went to the CPL centre to visit some rescue cats...

Cutting to the chase, I picked our new moggy up this morning :D:thumbs:

She is a garjuss mack tabby (our favorwitt) and she was already named 'Tabitha' so we have stuck with that and got a new 'Tabby'.

Ben phoned me from skool last night - the first time he's remembered to phone me instead of me phoning him - and is absolutely over the moon with excitement. :wub:

What really impressed me, though, was how sensible, thoughful and considerate he has been right through the adoption process and also in how he responded to the original Tabby's death. Incredible empathy and understanding, and i am hu-ugely proud of him. Another thing that really made me grin: While we were visiting her at the weekend we noticed she's a bit of a dribbler when you're stroking her (not a horrible 'slobberer' like a mountain dog or something - yeuch - but she definitely does dribble!), and Ben said 'I know - we should call her "Officer Dribble"'... Thinking all the elements of that through (Officer Dibble was the policeman in Top Cat for anyone too young to remember - and don't even ask how Ben knows that) I was absolutely knocked out at the degree of 'wit' and understanding in that.

:D

:lol: Officer Dribble! :clap:

On a serious note, get the cat home to check her teeth and gums. Our cat dribbled and he needed all his teeth removed because of a congenital gum problem :o

Hope you'll have years of fun with the new Kitty ;)

A x

:lol: Officer Dribble! :clap:

On a serious note, get the cat home to check her teeth and gums. Our cat dribbled and he needed all his teeth removed because of a congenital gum problem :o

Hope you'll have years of fun with the new Kitty ;)

A x

Hi aro - Touch wood it's just regular 'oooh, I really love a cuddle' dribbling, because she only does it while purring.

We're really lucky, in that we live right near the national cat centre which is where Tabs/officer dribble came from. It's probably the best equipped rescue centre in the UK, and she's had a full clean bill of health, been 'done', wormed, neutered, innoculated and even chipped for us. :thumbs: We've made a good donation (not the best time of year for it from our POV but hey ho), but much less than that lot would have cost through the vets :thumbs:

Her bill of health advises no teeth problems (gingivitis I think) and the two problems she did have on being found (an infection and an abcess from fighting or something) have both been fixed up.

That was another thing Ben really impressed me with: At the mo she has a horrid 'scar' from the abcess, but Ben couldn't have cared less. Lots of kids would have said, 'uggggh' and walked straight past her. But hair grows back and she's lovely :)

Will post some piccies when I've taken a few, but for now I'm just leaving her to settle as she's feeling a bit disorientated.

Oooh, lucky you - can't wait to see photos. Ours was a tabby cat, also a dribbler as he got older (unlike DH).

We're going to be adopted by a puddy tat or even two puddy tats in the New Year, I canna wait and have been mulling over names for weeks. Our nearest cat rescue place won't do relocations in the weeks running up to Christmas. I guess that's just a deterrent and that they'd be able to spot we're proper soppy cat lovers rather than 'cute kitten for Christmas' sorts.

I love the name. Great that your lad has reacted so well. Prr, prr!

Billabong

Hi aro - Touch wood it's just regular 'oooh, I really love a cuddle' dribbling, because she only does it while purring.

We're really lucky, in that we live right near the national cat centre which is where Tabs/officer dribble came from. It's probably the best equipped rescue centre in the UK, and she's had a full clean bill of health, been 'done', wormed, neutered, innoculated and even chipped for us. :thumbs: We've made a good donation (not the best time of year for it from our POV but hey ho), but much less than that lot would have cost through the vets :thumbs:

Her bill of health advises no teeth problems (gingivitis I think) and the two problems she did have on being found (an infection and an abcess from fighting or something) have both been fixed up.

That was another thing Ben really impressed me with: At the mo she has a horrid 'scar' from the abcess, but Ben couldn't have cared less. Lots of kids would have said, 'uggggh' and walked straight past her. But hair grows back and she's lovely :)

Will post some piccies when I've taken a few, but for now I'm just leaving her to settle as she's feeling a bit disorientated.

:thumbs: Good to hear

My mum got her cat from the CPL National Cat Centre. My naughty cat Mitzi comes from the CPL too. I really like the CPL. They will keep cats for life if they can't rehome it.

If she's been purring, it sounds like all is going well already.

If she had any dental work done at the rescue centre, the dribbling may stop in a month or two, but some cats do dribble when they purr.