Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Sensory profile assessment

My lad had one n he had to do stuff like do up a shoe lace, undo a shoe lace, do up a button undo a button and that kinda thing then had to do stuff like feel different fabrics and textures and explain them(he wouldn't touch most of them cos they were too fluffy/soft/hard etc),he had to do ball games and balancing n pe type things too.......don't know if it would be different for an adult tho my lad is 9.

For my two the OT did some of her assessment by watching them to see how they used their hands, how they reacted to the different parts of the sensory room etc. The main part involved going through a questionnaire and answering lots of questions about how my children reacted to the environment around them (light, noise, smells, taste) and whether they liked movements such as being swung, held upside down, spinning etc.

The conclusion was that one of my sons was sensory seeking and the other was tactile defensive. They were then able to base their advice for different problems on those profile results.