Sign in to follow this  
shaz71

Hi i am also new to this forum

Hi my name is Sharon i have 4 children eldest is a son of 17yrs then 3 daughters of 13, 6 and nearly 2. My second youngest is at the minuite being assessed by speech therapist, one of my friends daughters as just been diagnosed with odd with suspect of asd, when she got this i thought hang on my daughter presents with similar behaviour and it went on from there i told the speech therapist of my concerns we have to go back today and see what she says, at the moment she said it may be a learning disability, but she doesn't do much eye contact, in her own world, and having to repeat myself, the teacher says she isn't overly concerned at the minuite, she isn't naughty she is a bit defiant at school, she is immature for her age still at touchy feely stage which they tend to grow out of in reception she is in year 2, she can't read, write, well she can but only by copying she can't write by herself, also on low level books but again teacher isn't overly concerned as she is "ONE OF THE YOUNG ONES" If i got some money for everytime i heard that, she is an August baby, but my eldest daughter is also an August baby and was about a year or so in front of her easy, also due to her strange behaviours i suspect it may be something more. She is social so i aren't worried about that or should i say with her peers she seems it, outside though is a different matter, she doesn't welcome people she knows like she should ie a normal child would greet grandparents or even parents with hello and maybe a cuddle. Not my daughter she will scowl and maybe run from room and say i don't want you or them. With peers she is ott she is in there faces just babbling, or she will try and boss them around. She is very defiant at home, doesn't really play with toys just gets them out and then is hyperactive, so to be honest i am not sure, she is presenting with a lot of autistic traits but then she isn't, i keep thinking when i look at her she is normal then other times, no she isn't, she went to a party and there was a hammering toy there instead of playing with children she played with the toy for over half hour just sat hammering, she does bang a lot and sometimes repeats after me. At the moment she is a dog, she laps up drinks and carries things in her mouth, cocks her leg up licks you and sniffs the air. She says humans turn into dogs, maybe in their second lives they do, lol. Some of the strange things she comes out with, she loves aeroplanes, animals, dinosaurs, scary things, is more interested how things work than playing with them, will break them to see what is inside or what holds it together. The list is endless. Sorry for rambling but that is me a rambler that is who she gets it off, lol. Sharon x p.s my younger daughter is also starting with unusual behaviours, especially major tantrums lasting 40mins+ and god knows what else, not speaking much, but she as already learnt selfish words, mine, no and go away, lol. :rolleyes: Nice to be here. >:D<<'>