Sign in to follow this  
alisonatt

finally a yes to asd

hi, after one and a half years of trying and pushing to get my son sorted out his paediatrician has said yes my son has ASD and ADHD,but cahms never really did anything they just gave him pills and sent him on his way,do i need cahms to say yes too or is the paediatrician word all i need.its funny cos i thought i be ok with the drs saying yes was ok at first then it hit me like a brick and not really sure how to feel at the moment at least its finally going the right way for us.

Dx is a very difficult time, full of mixed emotions so be kind to yourself! ;)

As for formal dx, it depends on the policy in your area. Some people have dx via paed and others via CAHMS. You could call your paeds secretary and ask for confirmation or explanation of local protocol.

A x

Dx is a very difficult time, full of mixed emotions so be kind to yourself! ;)

As for formal dx, it depends on the policy in your area. Some people have dx via paed and others via CAHMS. You could call your paeds secretary and ask for confirmation or explanation of local protocol.

A x

I think that post says it all. Take particular note of the first line for a while, and then when you're ready you can get the rest sorted. That may sound dismissive because everything feels urgent right now, but it isn't - the rest of it lasts a life time and you have to pace yourself :)

L&P

BD :D

>:D<<'> thank you all for your kind words,i know it will take time,i just so thankful my son is getting the help he needs as he is in a short stay school at the moment as got excluded from his last mainstream school,now we can look for just the right place for him knowing what his needs are,i have a wonderful parent partnership lady dont know where i would be without her help,and i go to a wonderful group for parents with special needs children who are so helpful with everything.all this has made me so much stronger as a person and will fight tooth and nail for the rights of my son.

Am happy you have diagnosis. Have you had any luck re schools?