Sign in to follow this  
kinky j

Got called out of SEN school meeting to pick C up

Well, We managed to make it to the SEN school meeting. It seems like a brilliant school from what we got to see of it! Unfortuantely 20 min after getting there I got a call from C's school asking me ti come and pick him up as he was out of control, hitting anyone in reach and throwing chairs at people :(

The staff at the SEN school were fab though and said that we can reschedule the meeting and tour so that we could leave straight away, I really can see C doing brilliantly there. They have a clear rewards and sanctions set up so the children know what outcomes to expect from positive or negative behaviour which matches quite well to the system we have at home. A lot of learning takes place outside the classroom setting with loads of hands on and physicl activities. It really does seem like the perfect place for C! and that was only the first 20min of being there, I can't wait to go back!

When I got to C's current school, the HT asked me to have a quick chat and said that although she didn't really want to, due to the level of violence she had to give C another day and a half fixed term exclusion. She also said that despite having been told to gather more evidence by the EP she feels we have enough to apply for a statement now and delaying further is just going to cause C more stress in the long run, which I completely agree with.

I've got to go in on monday to pick up the official exclusion letter and some work for C and she's going to have the "parent's views" part ready for me to fill in and bring home! Any advice on what sort of stuff i need to include would be greatfully recieved :)

I'm not really sure how I feel ATM, I'm gutted that C's got a second exclusion and that he was so angry, I'd do anything to make it so He'd never have to go through all the stress of meltdowns, it's truly heartbreaking to see it and know that there's no way of magically making it all better for him (I wouldn't change him, but I'd happily change the world to suit him, IYKWIM). But on the other hand, I'm feeling glad that the process is finally getting started.

I tell you what though, the LEA best watch out! I have found somewhere that seems to be the perfect environment for my son and I swear I'll move heaven and earth to make sure his needs are met properly! I pity any fool that tries to stand in my way! :fight: