Sign in to follow this  
jo4themo

Clothing problem

N now needs to wear a bra, so at the w/e we went and bought her some nice, soft (so I thought!) training bras for her. She had known for a while that she would need to wear one as we have been preparing her for it. We chose ones that had no obvious itchy bits - she tolerates most most materials providing they don't have embroidery going through to the other side as it makes her itch. Tried them on (at home) and found them a bit uncomfortable but liked them :thumbs:

She didn't wear one yesterday as she was a pain to wake up so was running late, today she went off to school quite happily in her new bra but when she came home it was in her bag. She (and a note in home-school book) told me she had found it too itchy (the elastic bit) and had taken it off.

Does anyone know where I could get some decent bras for her that will be super-soft against her skin?

Thanks

Hi jo4themo, I can well remember how uncomfortable the first bra I ever had was, all lacy and itchy, yuk! I have a lot of probs with bras nowadays too, I can't tolerate bones or wires or lace of any kind. I wear a sports bra all the time now. I've found a really soft, silky one with no bones or badded bits, nice wide straps and it's just so much more comfy than ordinary bras, imho. Also, the wider elastic underneath means it doesn't ride up and is nice and snuggly fitted. Either that or a crop-top style bra can be quite comfy.

~ Mel ~

i m also very very fussy with my bras, have to be cotton, its difficult enough to find one i can wear as it is due to my large bust! sorry not much help! as i tend to use shops who cater for the larger bust.

all i would say has to be cotton and as soft as possible!

How about Sl**ggi? From what I remember, they're all-in-one and soft, stretch cotton; perhaps not best if, erm, firm support is needed. They look like sports bras.

Hi

Thanks everyone - I was trying to get her some crop-top style starter bras but they didn't have any in her size! I knew that lace would itch her so went for a plain cotton one. I will try her with a sports bra - daft thing is I wear sports ones most of the time as they are so comfy but didn't think about one for her!

Good thing is she still wants to wear one!

Hi My DD has awful problems with Bra's, firstly the fact she needs one sent her into crisis, but at 14 she has huge boob's and needs an H cup bra...try I too am rather well endowed and have to buy online, luckily they have got a nice range of cotton ones, but she has to have wired ones....at first she refussed but now she is so large she needs the support. she did start with crop tops and will still wear them over the top of the bra!!

I know this is no help, but we all have to face this as some point I guess.... I think its just trial and error I used to spend hours in m&s getting her to try bra's...which she hated!!! now she has one style from my bra shop luckily it comes in about 5 colours so I can get her different colour if she wants.

Just so you know you're not alone :D