Sign in to follow this  
Ian Jordan

Advice required

I have been asked to write the first article about autism for a well known optometric magazine. It is likely to be very controversial - particularly in sensory processing areas.

I wish to have input from as many people as possible, from those on the spectrum, parents and professionals and would be grateful if any of you that would like to help by reading (and criticising) a 3000 word article would PM me with your email address. It is urgent.

It is the first of three articles - the second is to be on facial recognition / emotion recognition and clinical interventions, the third on assessment techniques.

Thanks

Ian

For those that still want to comment - Will need replies by Friday to enable me to finalise.

thanks

Dear Ian

I am an Occupational Therapist with a special interest in ASD and sensory integration/processing. I think you may know my mother who runs an ASD Youth club in Perthshire. I am also based in Perthshire. I would like to be included on the list to read your article. I'm all for a bit of boat rocking in the name of progress!! Haven't figured out how to PM!! so if you could mail me back, I can give contact details.

Best wishes

Carly Keats

Edited by Carly OT

I'd be very interested in reading it Ian. I've recently submitted a paper on sensory issues in ASD to a journal and am a former copy-editor, so should be able to get back to you by Friday. I'll pm you my email.

You should have a look at the visual acuity study that's just come out of the Autism Research Centre at Cambridge University - says autistics have the visual acuity of birds of prey.

Would've though that'll be right up the magazine's street.

SS.

I have been asked to write the first article about autism for a well known optometric magazine. It is likely to be very controversial - particularly in sensory processing areas.

I wish to have input from as many people as possible, from those on the spectrum, parents and professionals and would be grateful if any of you that would like to help by reading (and criticising) a 3000 word article would PM me with your email address. It is urgent.

It is the first of three articles - the second is to be on facial recognition / emotion recognition and clinical interventions, the third on assessment techniques.

Thanks

Ian

Dear Ian,

I would like to help but do not know how to contact you do not know what is you PM address or whatever.

Edith :robbie:

Hi Edith :)

If you look at the top right of your screen, you will see My Controls

Click on that, and you will be into your PM system. Click on 'Compose New Message' in the top left hand corner, and you're away!!

HTH

Bid :)

Edited by bid