Sign in to follow this  
lisac

Let down by the NAS

Does any one know of any day services in or around London for adults with ASD? My 21 year old son has recently been kicked out of his National Autistic Society day service for pinching people. I have appealed against this and even got my MP involved but to no avail. I am looking for an alternative and if any one knows of any where, I would be grateful.

Do you get direct payments from SS?

In the NAS magazine "Communication" there are always organisations advertising that provide various services for adults. He may be better off with someone taking him out for the day eg: swimming, for a meal, shopping, train spotting, etc.

I presume you have looked at the LAs Day Services?

Do you get direct payments from SS?

In the NAS magazine "Communication" there are always organisations advertising that provide various services for adults. He may be better off with someone taking him out for the day eg: swimming, for a meal, shopping, train spotting, etc.

I presume you have looked at the LAs Day Services?

hi thanks for responding, yes, SS have given us a direct payments package as there are no other services that they know of locally ish, but, 7 days are very hard to fill. He has moderate to severe autism so has 2 DP workers take him out cafes, bus's, trams, etc. None of this is actually getting him anywhere though, there is no progression, as my son will just go along anywhere. Ideally he needs some on-going structured learning, but I cant find it anywhere. Local college classes are hit and miss, usually not autism specific, too large, little structure. I fear his future is him sitting in cafes and buses, which is not good.