eshaw

Anyone heard Temple Grandin talk?

Hi - just a quick question - has anyone been to hear Dr. Temple Grandin talk?

She is doing a talk in Dublin at the end of March - to flog her new book I guess & was thinking of going

havent read any of her books but have read quite abit about her.

Any comments? :bounce: (sorry just like adding the similies)

Just be careful if you go single file up a system of gently inclined ramps to get into the building... :whistle:

Seriously, have never had the opportunity to attend one of her talks but definitely would if i got the opportunity. She has some really interesting ideas on different 'types' of autistic perception that challenge the old stereotypes about visual learning etc. As a parent of a non-visual learner who had to battle upstream against a tide of professionals who thought PECS was the be all and end all i wish she'd voiced those ideas about six years earlier. PECS is a great tool for some kids and visual reinforcers are good even for those who aren't especially visual, but it took far too long for other professionals to catch up with what this lady was saying yonks ago! :)

L&P

BD :D

baddad - will definitely be cautious if asked to go in single file :lol:

Bid - worrying about your taste in apparel :wacko: - hmmm not so sure about the shirts myself

Thanks all - have booked a place - will let you know what she is like.

:cheers:

Edel

I saw the documentary about her on TV and it was fascinating. I expect the talk is well worth going to.

K x

From what little I've read she sounds like an amazing woman. I don't suppose any of you know what the documentary was called do you -I'd like to see if it's downlaodable. Cheers, Nat x

"The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow"

Just googled it and found the whole thing on YouTube.

Enjoy!

K x

Thanks Kathryn - why didn't I think of that :rolleyes: Doh!!

Bid - worrying about your taste in apparel :wacko: - hmmm not so sure about the shirts myself

Careful!!! - Bid is officially (I think it's a co-morbid to AS :wacko::unsure:) clinically well dressed :lol: :lol:

Is she talking at all in England? I would love to go and see her. :)

"The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow"

K x

??? So why are they saying that's exclusive to TG? Surely most women are right C...

... lever and could easily put themselves into any mindset they chose to... :whistle::whistle:

;)

??? So why are they saying that's exclusive to TG? Surely most women are right C...

All the better to detect a load of BULL!! :P:P:P

K x

All the better to detect a load of BULL!! :P:P:P

K x

now -now - no fighting !! :fight:

((MUMBLE))

- not sure if she is talking in the UK - the Irish Society of Autism has arranged this talk - but I would suspect she's not coming all the way over from the US for only 1 speaking engagement.

Would check with NAS - they might her speaking somewhere or you try & contact her via her website & check. :thumbs: