susiem

hello newbie here

Hi all,

Taken the plunge and registered (never posted on a forum before) and thought i'd introduce myself - mum to 2 boys 11 and 8, my youngest son was

recently diagnosed with aspergers and adhd - at the moment we live in southern ireland - moved back from UK 18 months ago but things not really

working out for my youngest Son - and we cannot continue to leave him in his current placement so we are throwing in the towel and coming back

to UK.

Anyone else out there find themselves moving around a lot to try and help your children love to hear from you cause right now i feel terrible dragging them

away again (and leaving family here in Ireland) but the autism specific school that i am looking for is just not available here right now.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Hi Susie,

Welcome to the forum - well done for taking the plunge. :) Make yourself at home, and if you need to know anything please ask.

Sorry to hear things haven't worked out in Ireland. Best of luck with your move, and I hope you find the place for your son you're looking for.

K x

Hi Susie - Welcome. :thumbs:

I am in Southern Ireland too & have 2 boys - 6yr old with Autism, 3yr old NT.

Dont hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help before you move.

Edel

Hello and welcome,

I am pretty new on here too, but let me say it is the best thing i have done! You will get support and advice on here! I feel much better since i joined. Just to know we are not alone and i am sure you will find it very useful.

Joanne

Hiya Susie,

A very warm welcome, I had never joined a forum or simular either when I joined this one and have never looked back or felt the need to go else where.

Clare x x x

Thanks everyone - OH taking boys out for a few hours so i'm settling down to watch docu on Temple grandin.

eshaw - lovely that your're closeby looking forward to swapping stories - but hey dont mention education cuts or i could go on for hours - :wallbash:

Just sent referral off to dyscovery centre in wales - anybody been there love to hear

susie :