Sign in to follow this  
peaches

Between filing multiprofessional assessment and issuing a statement

All our evidence is in from the Statutory Assessment, including the crucial report from the Psychologist and Psychiatrist. So I phoned the Education Department up and said whats next. They said they were going to issue a proposed statement shortly. I pressed and said how shortly, they couldnt tell me. I thought all this was to a certain time frame. But it seems not. The SENCO said it could be another two months.

Is this true?

Hi peaches,

There is a strict time frame. They must make a decision to issue a statement within 10 weeks of the decision to assess. Then once they've formally decided to issue a statement, they have two more weeks to send you a copy of the proposed statement. So altogether, you should get your proposed statement no more than 12 weeks after the statutory assessment began. There are permitted exceptions to this, but they probably don't apply in your case.

Hope this helps

K x

Hi peaches,

There is a strict time frame. They must make a decision to issue a statement within 10 weeks of the decision to assess. Then once they've formally decided to issue a statement, they have two more weeks to send you a copy of the proposed statement. So altogether, you should get your proposed statement no more than 12 weeks after the statutory assessment began. There are permitted exceptions to this, but they probably don't apply in your case.

Hope this helps

K x

I have been told today by our nominated officer that they have got until 14th March to issue a proposed statement and because there is a panel on the 13th it is unlikely to be done before then.

So basically this process really takes the best part of an academic year. That sucks doesnt it? Mind you I suppose its been the same for all of you so me grumbling is really nothing new!