Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

Younger Siblings

This evening DS was at a freinds house till 8pm. His 2 sisters usually either go to the park, have freinds round or are off somewhere or other but today I wanted them all to myself. They decided to do some writting in a Spellings work book I had bought for DS a couple of years ago so I printed off pages so they could both do it. They were amazing, they let me help them, they wanted to do it and they perserviered. They did a few pages and I was amazed how much they enjoyed it! Then they played on the Cbeebies website and took turns using the mouse etc etc.

I haven't really done much of that kind of thing with them because DS kicks screams and generally makes it clear that he hates it. Hates homework and has never been able to sit with me to do anything like that without a major fight.

I feel so very very guilty, I always thought that I'd made him feel like that because I am rubbish at teaching and a pretty poor Mum too but every time I do homework with the girls they are always fine. I've always been scared to do any extras with the girls incase I turn them against learning but they love it so much and I feel Ive really let them down now. :tearful:

No need to reply, just need to say it to someone!

This evening DS was at a freinds house till 8pm. His 2 sisters usually either go to the park, have freinds round or are off somewhere or other but today I wanted them all to myself. They decided to do some writting in a Spellings work book I had bought for DS a couple of years ago so I printed off pages so they could both do it. They were amazing, they let me help them, they wanted to do it and they perserviered. They did a few pages and I was amazed how much they enjoyed it! Then they played on the Cbeebies website and took turns using the mouse etc etc.

I haven't really done much of that kind of thing with them because DS kicks screams and generally makes it clear that he hates it. Hates homework and has never been able to sit with me to do anything like that without a major fight.

I feel so very very guilty, I always thought that I'd made him feel like that because I am rubbish at teaching and a pretty poor Mum too but every time I do homework with the girls they are always fine. I've always been scared to do any extras with the girls incase I turn them against learning but they love it so much and I feel Ive really let them down now. :tearful:

No need to reply, just need to say it to someone!

Hi i am fairly new to the sight my dd hasn't a diagnosis but it is nice to spend quality time with the other siblings, you probably feel guilty but you sound like a good mum, it is hard to share your love when you have a child wanting 100% attention but i am glad your dd's enjoyed doing the educational bit with you. >:D<<'> You would be suprised how understanding some children are and obviously your girls sound bright and know that you can't be with them a lot of the time due to their brother. It is difficult all i can say is try to do it on a regular basis, you will also benefit from this. I know as i have four children and it is hard when you have a very challenging child that requires more attention than a younger sibling. Glad you enjoyed it though :thumbs: Sharon x

Oh snooze, I soo know that feeling, my ds in now 13, and littles now 10 and 6, when he is out they spend ages with me reading, writing, spelling, playing and just doing stuff, my daughter likes to have time to bake with just me, I cant do anything like that when DS is around, although he is soo much better lately, but the guilt hangs heavy that they are having such a different life due to having a brother like theirs. Enid