Sign in to follow this  
mac4

What are IEP's, Statement etc?

HI

I am hoping other folk would be able to point me in the right direction. I have absolutely no knowledge of schools role when it comes to having a child with dyslexia+AS and think it might be a good iea to find out my daughters entitlements before I go along to the next meeting. In the past when I have highlighted some of the issues eg noise, being able to be alone, I don't think they realise the real need for their understanding on these issues. I know nothing about IEP's, what they are or statements so any advice would be great.

The NAS publish a guide to statementing/ SEN for children with autism and aspergers, its �3 plus P&P.

http://www.autism.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly....429&a=11022

though it may not have enough actual detail for you as to what to ask for help with in yr particular case.

Imagine often if kids are not really disruptive then lots of times their needs are overlooked.

There are some other posts on here which you can read and which may explain a bit more X

Edited by westie

Hi. You could have a look at the SEN code of practice - you can download it from here

It's a bit long, but it tells you what the school should be doing to help your child

Hope that helps

Nicky