Sign in to follow this  
Teresa

Bad week

Well........ can't seem to rest got so many things on the go at the mo, dla form which i am hating and nearly out of time.

Went to see GP on wednesday to ask for a letter/report, would not comply said that dla would send her a form, then she

fills it in and send's back, and then said if i wanted a report on my daughters needs i would have to pay, T was seeing CBT

therapist in the afternoon, told him what the doc said, he is now going to do a report for me, I am thinking about moving

doctors, I have never had this problem before has anyone else?

Also trying to get a referal to a ME unit for T she's not coping at all well at the mo. I am self employed so I can fit around

T's needs and can't really take any time off, and to top it, I found another lump on tuesday which is not

my first, I was only in hospital in september just gone, and only just had my check up 3rd of feb, all was ok so didn't

have to go back for 6 month's, so hear we go again, am in hospital on the 23rd this month for something else, I have had

a little cry today, which is not me normally i always try and keep my composure. And i know things could be a lot worse

I am always thankful. Anyway just thought it might help putting it to words.

Teresa X

Hi Teresa,

I feel sorry to hear how sad you are at the moment. Do you have people around you who can give you support? It is heavy to support a child with problems all the time and to look after yourself as well.

I don't know the details of your situation (how old is your child) but I m thinking of you. Try to get a good night sleep and hopefully things will seem a bit clearer tomorrow.

Wishing you all the best.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi

My GP is the same, in that if reports are required, they are chargeable. In my opinion, when it comes to my GP, I'm sure it's procedure within the practice, rather than being non-complaint about providing a report. I recall filling out a DLA form and listing contats - the contacts I listed were contacted and asked to fill in a form. Again, it sounds like procedure. I do completely understand that everything can be so long-winded and complicated, where it needn't be.

Hope you get things sorted.

Caroline

Aw Teresa,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. It's not at all surprising as it sounds like you've got a lot to cope with at the moment. I'm not fabulous at letting go of my feelings either, but there comes a point where it becomes impossible to keep it all in any longer, hence our trusty old fall-back pressure relief mechanism- a blimmin' good cry!

If you're not happy with your GP, then certainly do change- it's your prerogative. I've only filled out the DLA form once before and I had a lot of help from the then-school social worker. Going to have to go it alone this time- I received the form yesterday and haven't been able to face tackling it quite yet! At least you've got an agency willing to give you a report. I can't say I've heard of doctors charging for a report before, but it's probably kosher...... :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your health worries too- I hope all goes well for you on the 23rd, and I'll be thinking of you. Like Frogslegs, I'm not familiar with your situation, but it does sound like you're bearing a great deal what with your daughters' needs, the dastardly DLA form and having to go back to hospital yourself- I truly hope tomorrow feels brighter for you.

Take care pet,

Esther x

Teresa,

A worrying time for you at the moment, and it's hard to keep it together all the time.

Re the doctor's report - I've never been asked for any money and my GP has written lots for us, in support of DLA and other things. It may vary from practice to practice and between PCT's - I don't know. :unsure:

The DLA form is horrible and depressing - break it down into chunks and try to do, say, a couple of pages every day. You'll get there in the end and you'll feel a lot better when it's done and dusted.

Don't forget to take care of yourself and get lots of rest, and remember, we're always here if you need to let off steam.

K x

HI

Many thanks for all of your replys, I don't normally get like that and safe it's to say I am back on track. I have had some good news, not long got off the phone with GP they are now going to refer T to the ME service after they have checked what blood test's she as had and what blood test she needs for the referral :thumbs:.

Teresa XX