Sign in to follow this  
helena

asd rating scale

my son was diagnosed yesterday as having asd (possibly tourettes and dyslexia still to be tested)

the psychologist said he had a score of 16 the cut off being 10.

Does anyone know what this scale is or means?

my brain was numb at the time and didn't ask, how far does the scale go 20,30,40,.......

i don't think his asd is very bad but his behaviour at times is very challenging, it has taken till now aged 12 to diagnose him

any one know????

Hi.It might be worth asking the psychologist which scale was used.There are a few. :)

From personal experience I think behaviour and level of ASD do not always go alongside each other in a clear pattern.Behaviour can be influenced by all sorts of things including support in school,anxiety and personality.Ben is 10 and has AS.It took a long time for CAMHS to decide on a dx and Ben is very bright indeed.However his behaviour at the momment at home is very challenging at times.Karen.

Hopefully you will be getting a copy of the report with all the score etc shown.

Still not easy to understand but it will give you some idea as to how they are arrived at.

As as been said there are a number of different scales used so it is really impossible to say much more.

I have just looked at the Clinical Psychologist report on my son and there are 9 different tables with scores covering different areas of concern.

That is not including the tables in the Educational Psychologist report and the Occupational/physiotherapy report.