Sign in to follow this  
Suze

Annual Review.

Had the annual review meeting yesterday,I was dreading it but it went really well.The lady from the LEA did,nt turn up which was a bit of a bummer but we set out all our concerns and everyone there agreed.Hopefully we will get more hours for social problems, maths tuition, and he might be able to use his computer more.We also discussed High School provision as he is in year 5.Everyone agreed a mainstream HS with ASD unit would be best.The autism support teacher said she would definitely recommend this to the LEA.Could,nt believe it went so well, feel as though something is going to happen and burst my bubble :unsure: I,ll keep you posted and let you know when it pops. :(

Hi Suze,

well done :clap: Still got mine to face on the Friday 13th May...good job i'm not superspitious :lol:

Also off to look at comp school on Tuesday to meet the Senco and look round their school, they already have 7 A.S children there, who seem to be doing o.k, the senco even said it would be nice to take Dan along and chat with other kids about how they find school etc...nice...but I'm going to look first before involving Dan! He's in year 5 but need to start my search now, so I've been told.

Parent Partnership will be coming with me to the annual review this time as I want to make sure I don't miss anything out!

Well done though Suze, hope he gets on well with extra hours!

Best Wishes,

Rach

Good luck with the review on the 13th Rachael.Spoke to Senco about how she thought the meeting went and she seemed really positive.The LEA are checking to see why they did,nt attend the meeting, think there must have been a mix up. :wacko: Theres a panel meeting next week so the request for more provision might be seen then, fingers crossed.Or there could be another meeting attended by Lea when we discuss everything again. :(