Sign in to follow this  
NickyB

Fabby meeting with teacher

Hi all

As some of you will know, DS2 is having problems with his behaviour at school at the mo - mainly throwing things and running off.

It was parent's evening on Tuesday night, so we went to see his teacher full of trepidation. Of course, she did mention his problems, and how she was going to try and get some more help and guidance on how to help him. Then she focussed on how he's improved in many areas, like turn taking and joining in with 'circle time', and how amazing he is at reading and maths.

Then she said something I though was really great : 'We love having him in the class, because he makes us look at things from a different angle - and all the children and staff think he's lovely'.

We came away feeling much, much better. It's just so nice to hear someone talking about the positive things about him - because there are many of them :thumbs:

Thats really nice of them to say that. It must be great to comments like that. Really pleased for you!

It makes a nice change that school can be good.

Joanne :)

It's great for a parent to hear that kind of encouragement, especially when you're expecting negative feedback.

:thumbs:

K x

It's great that your son's doing so well and I know that feeling of relief when the teacher is full or paraise and understanding when you were expecting something disasterous! I get the sense that my son's teacher is really happy to have him and enjoys both his differences and also seeing the chjanges/improvements brought about when employing certain strategies (suggested by the autism team). I'm starting to think that even with the risk of over-diagnosing this push for early diagnosis is a very good thing so that our children aren't perceived as mysteriously "wrong" but interestingly different.

janine