bid

50th Birthday present ideas?

One of my SILs is having her 50th birthday do next weekend.

Has anyone got any good present ideas, please??

Her sister is giving her a beautiful 'heritage album' she has made, full of family trees and old photos, etc, so I wouldn't want to do anything like that.

My mind is a complete blank, and I have a limited budget and not much time...she's DH's sister, but no help there!

Boho :dance:

A bottle of gin, a box of tissues and a waterproof mascara?

Wrinkle cream?

Support pop socks (my mum swore by them)?

Denture fixative?

More sensibly, if you research the year on t'internet maybe you could find a famous book that was published or classic film and buy her a copy, or buy something bric-a-brac wise that's from that era?

other than that - just forget the fifty bit and buy her something you know she will like, and make the card the 'special' thing(?)

L&P

BD :D

I am always stuck when I need to give my husband a present as he does not drink, smoke or like sport, nor watch TV!!!! So the past few years I have bought red letter days. So he went for a bird of prey handling day which he really liked, a driving experience...they have lots of fun days on offer, adventure type but also pampering, outings in posh hotels.... We have also used them for retirement presents and they always seem to please people because it is a bit different.

One of my SILs is having her 50th birthday do next weekend.

Has anyone got any good present ideas, please??

Half a telegram from the Queen? :unsure: :unsure:

I am always stuck when I need to give my husband a present as he does not drink, smoke or like sport, nor watch TV!!!! So the past few years I have bought red letter days. So he went for a bird of prey handling day which he really liked, a driving experience...they have lots of fun days on offer, adventure type but also pampering, outings in posh hotels.... We have also used them for retirement presents and they always seem to please people because it is a bit different.

I've got to say i like that idea!

I can't think of a 50th birthday I'd like better than a day spent in the countryside handling birds! :whistle:

How about some nice earrings, and a joke saying she'll get the matching necklace or brooch when she's completed the other half century?

:D

everyone is different, but if i ever got to fifty id want to pretend that it wasnt hapening, so anything special would be a big no no for me, maybe its best to pretend you dont know how old she is, !

everyone is different, but if i ever got to fifty id want to pretend that it wasnt hapening, so anything special would be a big no no for me, maybe its best to pretend you dont know how old she is, !

:lol:

The '50th' invitation is a bit of a clue! ;)

Oooh, Froggy!!

This is a very cunning plan! :thumbs:

Have sent DH off to investigate...

Edited by bid

I've got to say i like that idea!

I can't think of a 50th birthday I'd like better than a day spent in the countryside handling birds! :whistle:

You really do need to get out more...

Boho ;)

Thanks for your ideas, everyone...looking at all your suggestions has inspired me to investigate how much a family portrait would be at a local photographers!

So long as it isn't too much, I thought this would be a lovely idea as she has three children and grandchildren.

Thanks again :)

hello why don't you ask david at work and see how much he would charge. He does do fabby photo's :thumbs:

:o:ph34r::lol::lol:

Although I could, I guess...'Love the camera, love the camera!!'

When I looked at photographers in the town, we could afford the booking fee, but not the cost of a print which seemed a bit of a mean pressie...

Although I did find one of those Experience Days that's a family photo that we could afford!

Oh, decisions...

Boho :wacko:

Edited by bid

Hi Bid,

Did you decide what you were getting her in the end?

Emma