thomastank

DLA help leaflet/book?

Does anyone know of a DLA leaflet /book to help parents/carers fill in DLA forms for children? I borrowed one of a friend and it seems to have gone walkies, I really want to replace it for her. Thanks

You could use Cerebra's online guide (google Cerebra, then from the homepage search DLA Guide), which gives step by step guidance for how to fill in the form.

Karen

x

You could use Cerebra's online guide (google Cerebra, then from the homepage search DLA Guide), which gives step by step guidance for how to fill in the form.

Karen

x

Brilliant, thanks very much :thumbs::robbie:

Our local authority has a benefits advice section that helps with the filling of all types of forms. You have to make an appointment to go and complete the forms. They are not employed through the benefits agency so you can talk to them without fear of putting your foot in it. But I don't know if all LAs have this??

The Maze (a support group in Nottingham) have an excellent guide - its set out to look exactly like the form, and in the boxes it lists a whole load of things to consider when you are answering that particular question!!!!

A link to their website is given here, you will need to ring and request one as they are not on the website.

http://www.themazegroup.org/index.html

They also do some advice leaflets about managing PDA/ meltdowns etc.

If I was living in the area I would def. be attending this support group!

The cerebra guide is also good, I think

Edited by westie