tjw

thunder storm

hi we have got a lovley thunder storm in south yorks at mo and my ds has made me close all the curtains so the lightning cannot get in he has just run down the stairs he was having a wee when thunder struck, so i have now let him go on games console to try and calm him down( its amazing what a round of mario golf can do lol ) bless him he used to be scared of this a few yrs ago but then it was not to bad but he has gone back to how he was, trouble is i love a good storm will have to sneek upstairs to have a watch.

theresa x

Hi I live in Yorkshire also and this could have been written about my son, he is 11 yrs and was in a real state last night. He ws terrified that the house was going to be struck and we would all be hurt or killed. We must have spent about 40 mins trying to reassure him and even then he didnt take any of what we were saying in, just carried on getting worked up. When he was around 4 yrs old this was a really big problem but seems to have got more able to cope with it over years but perhaps this is beacuse we havnt had any big storms anyway until last night. He had tears in his eyes, when all the other kids were loving it and watching out of the window. These are the things I wish CAMHS etc could see.

hi daniels-mum

hope your son is ok after last nites storm, we were quite lucky where we live it stoped after i posted on here but we still couldnt open curtains in case it came back, my husband was on call last nite and he was called to an area called maltby and that had hailstone he said it was white over and the hail was hugh, hopefully that will be the last of the storms for now

takecare

theresa

i remember when i was younger i dreaded and was scared of noise of thunder storms now know it all connected and linked with ASD sensory issues (heightened ear level!) so can really relate to your son i used to run and hide used to get upset cry and wonder why i acted in such a way to weather condition outside! and raises anxiety levels!