Sign in to follow this  
eddie

ed psych.

i read that lots of you have opted for private ed psych assessments. this is something i have been thinking about, roughly how much has it cost and has it been beneficial? have you been able to claim money back through a health scheme at all? i am also thinking of private SALT. if anyone can reccommend a good ed psych i would appreciate it.

Eddie,

Visit your local reference library and browse through the 2005 edition of 'The Directory of Chartered Psychologists. The Directory should name a number of psychologists within your area - it also lists psychologists nation-wide. It provides details of their credentials, their experience etc.

One suggestion I would like to make to you is, if you decide to employ an independent EP make sure the EP has significant tribunal experience, because there could come a time in the future when you'll need the EP to support you, by substantiating their findings in a possible tribunal situation.

Agree with Helen. Make sure you find someone who has extensive experience of ASD. Ours cost about �800 for a five hour assessment and report, and the subsequent report was brilliant, she knew that it would possibly be used as evidence and she wrote it with that in mind. It certainly has been a very useful and essential document without which our case would have been harder to defend.

I'd recommend her, she really knows her stuff, unfortunately she is on maternity leave and is about to have a baby!

Hi Kathryn

That is very inconsiderate of the EP - she should not be off having fun and making babies when we have our kids who need her!

Best wishes

HelenL