Sign in to follow this  
pookie170

New-age job application forms!!!

What? What??!!??

Doth'd mine eyes deceivethed me??

Sweat beaded upon my brow and my fingers hovered uncertainly above the expectant keyboard as I strained to comprehend the text leering at me from the monitor......

Surely, this was an error?

......They couldn't mean it really, could they??

Blithley, I had tippity-tapped my way through the previous two screens worth of questions, happily reeling off my details, qualifications and lists of previous fools...ahem, employers who had given me a job.

Then suddenly, I was met with two short queries that were the typographical equivalent of a brick wall......

How do you work with people? (Erm....the usual way, I expect?)

and

Initiative? (Yes, please, two lumps with mine, thanks!)

:wacko:

A tiny explanatory note accompanied each question, but I'd expect that kinda thing at interviews, not on applications!? Lordy, it took some time for me to reply to those ones, I can tell you!

The thing is, WHY??? Its the kind of question that I'd want to ask a potential employee in person, if only to observe their non-verbal reactions.....I mean, you could make anything up, couldn't you?

Ooh.....I hate job-hunting, a viewpoint compounded by the present dearth of jobs around......

What's the weirdest question you've been asked when job-hunting, on paper or during an interview?

Edited by pookie170

During an interview for an admin job with an electricity board: "If you could do any job in the world, what would your ideal job be?" :rolleyes:

My mind went blank and I just said the first thing that came into my head which was "counselling" - in no way true!

K x

Edited by Kathryn

What? What??!!??

Doth'd mine eyes deceivethed me??

Sweat beaded upon my brow and my fingers hovered uncertainly above the expectant keyboard as I strained to comprehend the text leering at me from the monitor......

Surely, this was an error?

......They couldn't mean it really, could they??

Blithley, I had tippity-tapped my way through the previous two screens worth of questions, happily reeling off my details, qualifications and lists of previous fools...ahem, employers who had given me a job.

Then suddenly, I was met with two short queries that were the typographical equivalent of a brick wall......

Like anyone would respond ''Badly,everybody hates me,I wind everyone up and my presence is a constant irritation to those around me hence I was finally sacked from my previous job following a strike by my colleagues''.......unless you are Deborah on the apprentice. :o:lol::lol::lol:

Is it a job for a mortuary assistant? In which case the answer would be 'when they're suitably cold' :unsure:

I went for an interview just before xmas.................and it was all going well realy chatty freindly atmospheare then they said what would you consider to be youre strong point.i said well im chatty and freindly...............then they asked ...and a weak point.............i said my bladder.............and proceaded to laugh............me mind had gone potty i guess and i said the first thing that came into me dumb head...............i didnt get the job.......guess i wasnt what they were looking for. :whistle::whistle: .