Sign in to follow this  
Hyperakusis

Hello everybody!

Hallo everybody! :)

I'm Hyperakusis from Germany. I'm 36 years old and I was diagnosed with the Asperger-Syndrome in 2007 after a lot of wrong diagnoses. In retrospect all diagnoses were illogical because I already conjectured to be different when I was about 4 , 5 years old. AS ist still quite unknown in my town, in fact in my country... :crying:

In any case I was relieved when this kind of being was described as AS. Now I could find answers for a thousand of questions. Somehow it is difficult to explain to my parents, sister and the other ones... maybe it's a matter of time and they will understand!??! :(

I left school 20 years ago therefore my english is quite bad...

... I'm sure there are already a lot of embarassing mistakes in this posting... hope you don't mind?!?! :oops:

Greetings from Germany,

Hyperakusis

Guten Tag, und Wilkommen ins Forum.

Ihr Englisch ist echt gut! Ich kan alles verstehen, und das ist wichtiger als Perfektheit. (Ist "Perfektheit" ein Wort? . . . Es ist ein paar Jahren seit ich Deutsch lernte.)

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Your English is very good! I can understand everything you said, and that is more important than having perfect English.

There is a very good book called The Complete Guide to Asperger Syndrome by Tony Attwood. It might be helpful for explaining things to your family. I wonder if it has been translated into German.

I was diagnosed with AS in 2007 too.

Ditto :D Must have been something in the water that year ... :unsure:

Welcome to the forum, I'm not going to try and address you in German (although I'm impressed with myself that I could understand what Tally had written, including the untranslated part. Last time I spoke German was in my Welsh exam :unsure::rolleyes: (still passed - just :huh:), so maybe I'll try some other languages and see what comes out!! :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the welcome! :)

Ist "Perfektheit" ein Wort? . . . Es ist ein paar Jahren seit ich Deutsch lernte.)

Ich muss sagen dein Deutsch ist auch gut, ich habe auch alles verstanden. Wirklich gut! :thumbs:

"Perfektheit" - I must admit that also germans make similar mistakes. I also was not really sure if this word exists, but "Perfektion" is correct in any case.

There is a very good book called The Complete Guide to Asperger Syndrome by Tony Attwood. It might be helpful for explaining things to your family. I wonder if it has been translated into German.

There are three books translated into German. They are viewed as the best books about AS. I already have given two autism-documentaries (DVD) to my parents... hmmm I think it is a matter of time untill they will understand. :unsure:

LG Hyperakusis