Sign in to follow this  
peaches

What a stressful holiday

Just got back from Fuengirola with First Choice, flew from Doncaster Sheffield (Great Airport, quiet, no problems) to Malaga (hell on earth).

The airport at malaga was really busy, huge, not enough trolleys, too long queues, no one wanted to help, couldnt get double buggies through check in desks and security or x ray machines (just a normal sized double buggy!!! not huge!!! Im sure they have them in Spain too).

Hotel was good for kids and we managed kids club without too much of a problem. We had to intervene regularly over disputes in the pool of course but thats about normal - some of the other boys were worse than ours. What upset me was the ones that wound him up, I just didnt get chance to explain to their parents about ours with other two small kids in tow.

Ive come home feeling like a holiday to get over the holiday. I try to explain to my other half that its no good, we cant have the sort of holidays we used to, but its just not sinking in. He keeps on booking them. arrgh!!

:( we've had holdays like that with the foster kids. i'd higly recommend a UK holiday, especiallly at the caravan parks beginning with H. not glamorous or sunny, but cheap, the kids clubs and facilities are great, and if it all goes horribley wrong you're only a few hours from home (we had to abandon a holiday last year a couple of days early because the kids were just too awful). we always go for the biggest caravan posssible, whatever the number of people going, and apart from having to get up early because theres a 7 year old jumping on your head wanting to go to the pool its not really been an issue for space.

i know just how you feel went to centre parks 18mths ago never agian son was so disstressed i went through 30 pants (no joke ) last may went to yorkshire with my husbends family and stayed in cottage not as bad but still all son did most of holiday was cry ,so with dla monney brought a caravan and we have filled it with firmiliar things from home and we think was part of prob and are trying it out in aug 2 weeks in devon wish me luck!!

i know just how you feel went to centre parks 18mths ago never agian son was so disstressed i went through 30 pants (no joke ) last may went to yorkshire with my husbends family and stayed in cottage not as bad but still all son did most of holiday was cry ,so with dla monney brought a caravan and we have filled it with firmiliar things from home and we think was part of prob and are trying it out in aug 2 weeks in devon wish me luck!!

Good luck. We used to do a bit of caravanning (but as a couple, no kids). I think the only thing I would advise is if its a tourer, make sure you are well acquainted with setting it up and you have a contingency plan to keep the son occupied/safe whilst you are doing things like getting it parked in the spot (not as easy as you think) and lowering legs, setting up electric and fridge etc.

If its a static, you will probably be OK, it was just the noise and jumping about on the beds we had to put up with.

we have had a few stressfull holidays on caravan sites, just too many people, so recently have been getting good deals on a well known internet site begining with e, lovely cottages, which are more like home, sky/dvd -godsend and washing machine/ dishwasher. make life alot easier if you are relaxed then it follows the kids are, although the entertainment at night isn't on tap at least you can stick to bed time routines

[we have had a few stressfull holidays on caravan sites, just too many people, so recently have been getting good deals on a well known internet site begining with e, lovely cottages, which are more like home, sky/dvd -godsend and washing machine/ dishwasher. make life alot easier if you are relaxed then it follows the kids are, although the entertainment at night isn't on tap at least you can stick to bed time routines