Sign in to follow this  
julieann

Urgent response required

My statemented ASD student has her annual review on Friday morning 5th June.

To cut a very long story short my senco is refusing to let the parent of my pupil see the advices that the teachers have written about her daughter. When I pointed out that it was a legal requirement of the statement review to allow the parent at least two weeks to read the copies of the advices I received an abrupt e-mail stating.

I (SENCO) have given you (LSA not parent) a copy of the notes.

However it would be correct of me to explain to you that I am under no obligation to send Mrs X these reports as they are not formal school reports. I have however asked Mrs X if she would like to see them before Friday.

I (LSA) Have just received e-mail from Mrs X stating she is going to be allowed to look at (SENCO's words) the " scribbled notes of teachers " 15 minutes before the meeting.

Does anyone know where I can print off an official document with the wording

" it is a legal requirement that the parent receives a copy of the advices two weeks before review date."

Julieann

Hi Julieann,

This all sound very irregular, I won't ask why your SENCO won't let the parent see AR paperwork before the AR as I'm sure there is no good reason.

You ought to be able to find sometnig along the lines of what you are looking for here in the SEN Code of Practice paragraph 9:17 'copies of all advice recieved must be circulated at least two weeks before the meeting'

http://publications.teachernet.gov.uk/eOrd...0200MIG2228.pdf

Hope this is useful

Ahead