Sign in to follow this  
Guest featherways

Hello from mum with Aspergers

Guest featherways

Hello,

Thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm a mum of a teenager, and I have Asperger syndrome. I work partly as an adviser on autism and ASDs generally, throughout the UK and sometimes internationally, but I'm here to just enjoy the boards and contribute as best I can.

I have the very visual sort of Asperger syndrome, and mine isn't one of the mild sorts. I'm somewhat dyspraxic, I'm almost face-blind, and my Asperger scores were "oh good grief yes!" rather than marginal. I can't live independently, but I've found all sorts of ways to cope.

Son may have Asperger syndrome as well, but he's making up his own mind on whether he wants to be tested for it or not. His school is brilliantly supportive of his needs anyway, so the formal DX hasn't been an issue. Hubby's ASD too. It makes for an interesting, but lovely, family life.

When I'm not at work, I'm interested in gardening, maps, art, statistics, and learning all I can about people (well, one day it may be useful :) )

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm another mum with a dx of AS. I thought I would just scrape into a dx, but when I was shocked at my high levels, no-one else was surprised at all :lol: I also have prosopagnosia, sensory integration disorder and a certain degree of dyspraxia too. Like you, I work and have a family too.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Bid :)

Edited by bid

hi and welcome

I'm just an odd ball, sometimes i make an appearance here.

Hi,

Welcome

"I believe that tomorrow is better than today or yesterday"

Best Regards,

Goody >:D<<'>