Teresa

Holiday nightmare

Looking for a holiday that will suit everyone is a nightmare, just spent five hour's looking, there is a list of things' it must have. Anyone else have the same problem?

Teresa :)

wifi, game console, close to the beach/ village, fishing, hot tub, pool, sky tv ,games room/ etc.... in north wales area, trying to please everyone so I can chill out for once and read a book and have a glass of wine :), I will keep on searching I will not be beaten lol.

Teresa

Pah! In my day it was a bucket and spade and a pint of winkles and gritty sandwiches eaten out of greaseproof paper... you had to be out of the B&B by 4.30 in the morning (breakfasts started at 4.15) and you weren't allowed back in until evening dinner at 6.30. Then it was back out walking the streets from 7.00 until 9.30 when the landlady would let you back in just in time for lights out...

It never did us any harm...

And we had to cycle all the way there... seven of us on a single seat 3 speed raleigh (3 in the basket on the front, two on the rack on the back hanging on to the one rucksack we had between us, dad on the crossbar and mum pedalling like the clappers the whole 57 miles to Hastings...

You try telling that to the kids of today - they won't believe you...

Bahhhhh

:D

BD, you're looking great! Now, be honest, have you had Botox? :lol::devil:

That's not me - that's my mum! All that pedalling really took it out of her :)

Dont know if this will be much help,but for the last few years we have gone with renting a house. Its less stressful all round.No worries about what other people think, you can keep to your own routines & not be pressured to get to breakfast on time etc. It works for us. The downside is of course that you often end up cooking a meal rather than having a proper break! We try to alternate Eating in & going out so I dont feel i'm on a busmans holiday!! Good luck with your search. We're off to Spain in August & have taken a gamble on a house that shares a pool with 4 other properties!! DD isnt used to this,could be fun.

"wifi, game console, close to the beach/ village, fishing, hot tub, pool, sky tv ,games room/ etc.... in north wales area, trying to please everyone so I can chill out for once and read a book and have a glass of wine"

Yes it does sound a lot :rolleyes: but when you haven't been on holiday for 4 year's, it's just been work more work looking after T looking after the family, I want to make sure everything is in place so that I can relax :peace: , even if it's for one day. Was working in Abersoch just for the day on wednesday and was feeling a little sad :( ,because its been 4 years since I last saw the sea and home and the same for T she needs a break just as much as i do. :)

Hi all, we ended up in Cornwall a small ex fishing village called Mousehole very pretty and not to busy,

we rented a cottage called Gwylan right on the harbour, ten steps from front door and you could dip your feet in the sea. It did have wifi for T and fishing for my partner so both were happy. T enjoyed going out for walks along the the harbour/beaches with us and by herself, there was a seal that came

into the harbour very day for a nosey, the fresh crab and fish was lovely, no more than 3 gift shops/

1 pub / 2 restaurants' /post ofice/ news agent. We will be going back as soon as we can, it is such a

beauitful place time stands still there, nothing has changed, its' been ten years snice i was last there.

Would recommened it only problem is I can't get back into work mode. :)

T :)

Hi all, we ended up in Cornwall a small ex fishing village called Mousehole

So not quite North Wales then? :lol: :lol: :oops:

Glad you had a good time. Mousehole is on my list of places to visit. I had to make a teaching pack for young children based on a picture book several years ago and I chose The Mousehole Cat. It's a really lovely book with wonderful pictures. OK, so your dd is probably far too old for it, but it might be a nice book for holiday memories. :)

Lol yes we ended up in Cornwall after watching 5 different places to see if the price of the holiday lets' would come down and Gwylan won I phoned the owners direct and got £225 off :). And yes the story books about The Mousehole cat were in the gift shops, it is a lovely story one that T had read it when she was younger, there was a old cat that looked just like the one in the book who use to sit on the wall and wait to be admired by the passing strangers. It is well worth a visit :)

T :)

Edited by Teresa

Hi Frizz,

Which site do you go on to rent out the house. Its sounds very appealing.

My friend is taking her family on a cruise. She has a 11 year old with ASD 13 year old with Aspergers and a husband with Aspergers. She said on the cruise she can relax as everyone can do what they want and than retreat back to the cabin. She said when every one gets off the ship they stay on and have everything to themselves.

Glad you found somewhere good. Mousehole is lovely. Did you go to the bird rescue place?

We once rented a cottage in the Isle of Man with all kinds of techno equipment. We found out that the owner's son had AS :thumbs: Trouble is the ferry across to the island doubled the cost of the holiday.

Mousehole (pronounced Mauzle apparently) is lovely :) . We visited briefly a few years ago. We also had the Mousehole Cat and the video of the book too which is charming.

Now if anyone can suggest a nice holiday destination where a family of 3, possibly 4 can go and spend very little money, I'd be grateful. Otherwise we will have to just sponge off the inlaws. As usual. :rolleyes:

K x