Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Update: OT

I had all but given up on seeing an OT as my dr said that we had hit a brick wall with it. I was going to wait until the Bristol Asperger service was up and running (apparently sometime in Sept/Oct). Well I got a call today from an OT saying that there had been a pot of money assigned to AS/Autism recently, and when could she come around for an assessment! I was so shocked that I agreed to tomorrow :o I didn't realise she was going to be available so soon! Not exactly sure what to expect really, so nervous!! :whistle:

Ohh! good luck, hope everything went as you hoped. Good news that you havnt had to wait as long as you expected. Its probably better that you had date thrust on you - no time to worry!

The OT came around and did the assessment, basically I can't have a sensory profile done until I have been accepted by social services. The assessment was to see if I fit their criteria :wallbash: They asked a heck of a lot of questions and the poor woman was allergic to our cats so was sniffing the whole time. I should hear pretty soon what is going to happen next, but I didn't come away feeling particularly positive about it :(

its a start........heres hoping a start to much better things to come eh! Thanks for update and fingers crossed for you

xx pep