nikkij

hello to all

just wanted to introduce myself as i am new to this forum. my 12 year old son has just received a diagnosis of PDD (high functioning autism or asperger's). anyone out there with advice would be very welcome. i have just started looking at dla forms and they are a nightmare. am also waiting for an assessment on my 10 year old son for asperger's. any advice would be helpful especially for education (he is in mainstream) but has no statement and i don't know much about this area at all. thanks :rolleyes:

Hello, welcome to the board. My 4 year old son was diagnosed with HFA last June.

This link may help with your DLA claim? http://www.cafamily.org.uk/pdfs/DLA_factsheet.pdf Otherwise I'm not sure if there is any info on the National Autistic Society site?

I can't help much with statementing I'm afraid, I haven't started mine yet but have been told that these organisations would be a good start - NAS, IPSEA and ACE. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some more info.

Hope you find all the help and support you need here, its a great place to let off steam!!! :whistle:

Welcome to the boards, there is a lot of information here and a lot of good people with lots of different points of views.

I have found it a life-saver.

The NAS has a lot of info on DLA on their site.

Edited by szxmum