Sign in to follow this  
GrahamP

Mood swings

Hi,

Does anybody else suffer mood swings? I don't mean in a bi-polar way, more like most of the time feel just normal getting on with life, then suddenly for no reason I seem to crash, doesn't seem to have any pattern as to time length, could be couple hours or a couple of days... It's not like I feel depressed either.. more like anger when I reflect.

I seem to keep coming back to stress being the main trigger, as I know I don't cope with stress very well and do everything I can to avoid it but, with a 12yr old AS son that's not always possible as I'm sure most are you are aware...

Graham

Yes definately. My son has moods also due to anxiety and if he is in a mood than he is unable to access his education or produce what he is capable of.

Also the same situation can cause vary degrees of anxiety and therefore his mood swings are so variable.

For example at junior school he has attended sports days for the last 3 years. Yes he does not like it and the day causes him distress. However this evening he is in a right mood because its sports day tomorrow and hes already complaining about what noise levels such as screaming shouting. How far he will have to run in his race etc etc etc. I have told him he does not have to attend because I know there will not be much sleeping in this house tonight.

My sons sensory problems related to ASD are so challenging!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes very often,

if somebody says something not very nice that can upset me, i can get angar very easy when i dont understand things or people just dong understand me at all, so i often can wake up in bad moord and dont now why,

You can have sudden dips in mood that are short lived and still be bi polar its called rapid cycling.i know coz im diagnosed with bi polar and this happens to me normally when im stressed im up and down like a sea saw.