LordGorse

New Here...

Hello, I'm Carl, diagnosed with AS at 29 (I'm 31 now). I'm obsessed with books, to the point where I write my own :D . Are there any other Aspie writers out there? Well, I know there are (one of them lives next door!), but any on here?

Hello and welcome to the forum. There are a few adults on here who do/have written articles/chapters/books, some about ASDs, some not, some a mixture. :thumbs:

What sort of books do you write and/or collect?

I've recently had my first academic (non-AS/ASD) publication which I'm really proud of (even if Amazon are out of stock :wallbash: of such a high quality, relevant and insightful text which, coming in at just under £70 :o, would make an excellent Christmas present for all your loved ones and probably your not-so-loved ones :whistle::lol:). I've also written and produced digital art for an ASD specific book in publication (again an excellent choice for a Christmas present... :whistle:).

hey there

i want to write publish my own personal experiences on having AS and MH probs together i also write my own poetry explaining my past experiences with school,MH probs,AS etc i was officially diagnosed at 14 years old i now 19 years old! i enjoy writing! LOVE IT! i want to make society more aware and understand through my words! that's my aim!

take care

XKLX

Hello and welcome to the forum. There are a few adults on here who do/have written articles/chapters/books, some about ASDs, some not, some a mixture. :thumbs:

What sort of books do you write and/or collect?

I've recently had my first academic (non-AS/ASD) publication which I'm really proud of (even if Amazon are out of stock :wallbash: of such a high quality, relevant and insightful text which, coming in at just under £70 :o, would make an excellent Christmas present for all your loved ones and probably your not-so-loved ones :whistle::lol:). I've also written and produced digital art for an ASD specific book in publication (again an excellent choice for a Christmas present... :whistle:).

Hello, Wow, academic publications--a bit out of my league :notworthy: I write and collect horror and fantasy fiction. I've had a short story accepted for inclusion in an award winning(!) anthology series: Terror Tales, published by Rainfall Books. I also had a few poems published years ago. At the moment I'm really into "bug and beasty" books, titles like Night Of The Crabs, The Spiders, Slugs, The City (about killer pigs :) ), and a bunch of others. I hardly ever submit my own work--don't have the confidence--so I have stacks of novel and story manuscripts lying around the place gathering dust, but I have been thinking about submitting one of my novels recently.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and good luck with any future projects!

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

What kind of stuff do you write, Kathryn? (don't worry about not having AS--nobody's perfect :D )

smiley1590, I write the odd poem, too, as well as song lyrics. Funny thing is most of the poems I wrote before I was diagnosed were about the difficulties of AS--I just didn't realise it :). Good luck with the writing--have you put any up here on the forum?

nah havn't put any up here on forum!? -good idea though thanks! might just do that!

i going to publish my life story/experience with poems mixed in to go with it! and going to call it 'somewhere over the different rainbow'! i hope this help others going through same kinda things as me realise not alone with this condition!

XKX

What kind of stuff do you write, Kathryn? (don't worry about not having AS--nobody's perfect :D )

It tends to be mainly autobiographical. I'm trying to write something about my childhood in Zimbabwe, (it will be good for my children to read, if nothing else!). But I'm not very disciplined and I haven't done anything for a while. Ideally one should do a bit of writing every day, just to get into the habit - or so established writiers say.

K x

i going to publish my life story/experience with poems mixed in to go with it! and going to call it 'somewhere over the different rainbow'! i hope this help others going through same kinda things as me realise not alone with this condition!

XKX

That's a good idea (love the title!); you could maybe use the poems as chapter headings?

It tends to be mainly autobiographical. I'm trying to write something about my childhood in Zimbabwe, (it will be good for my children to read, if nothing else!). But I'm not very disciplined and I haven't done anything for a while. Ideally one should do a bit of writing every day, just to get into the habit - or so established writiers say.

K x

I usually find autobiographical stuff easier if I write it in the form of fiction--it allows a little more freedom and makes it more accessable to the reader. I know what you mean about disciplin--I sometimes go for months, even years, without writing anything, but once I get into it I can't stop. I wrote one novel in 21 days :o

Hi.I am mum to Ben who is 11 and has AS.Ben is a gifted young writer.He loves writing.Ben often writes for one of the mainstream children's message boards.He has requests to write things.When Ben was in year 2 he had real difficulties with actual writing because he also has dyspraxia.He was considered to be behind his peers in literacy.After assessment it was discovered that Ben is very creative in writing.Once he got the hang of typing he excelled.It is no wonder that he was frustrated before.Ben finds writing is a real help in expressing himself when he is anxious or frustrated.Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Wow, in demand at age 11! That's fantastic. Writing is definitely the best thing for self-expression; I draw and paint a little as well, but words are more precise :)

hello and welcome

hello and welcome

Thank you very much. I can't believe how active this forum is compared with others I've been on!

Thank you very much. I can't believe how active this forum is compared with others I've been on!

We're all addicted! :lol:

Bid :)