Sign in to follow this  
Tally

House Hunting

I am looking for a house now. It's not going well and I am very disappointed. All the flats and houses in my price range are getting snapped up very quickly by investors, and a lot of my viewings are getting cancelled because they have been sold.

I saw a flat which had apparently been "done up" by the vendor, but I could see no evidence of this. It was in a terrible state. The only bit that was new was the kitchen, which was designed in such a way that it was unusable, so would need to be replaced anyway. It needs a new kitchen and bathroom, all of the rooms have bare concrete floors and the paint is peeling from the walls, the garden is terribly overgrown, the second bedroom turned out to be absent.

I have seen two flats which look quite nice, but the area didn't feel very safe. The front door was right next to a dark alley way and I don't know if I would feel safe if I wanted to come home in the dark.

Yesterday my mum came with me to see a house. WHen we got there there was a boy about 16 shouting at his mum and threatening to beat her, so we waited in the car until they had gone. We had to go up a footpath to get to the house, but there were a group of boys with two dogs, encouraging the dogs to fight each other. There was no other route to avoid the dogs, who were running around in circles, barking and growling, so we got back in the car and rung the estate agent to cancel the appointment. Later I realised that if I was too scared to approach the front door on a Saturday lunchtime with another adult, there was no way I would feel safe if I arrived home late in the evening by myself.

I have details of two flats in the same block. They look nice and spacious, but when I drove past there was no parking available. There were cars everywhere and it was even difficult to even drive past the place.

I also have details of a bungalow. It looks like it has been lived in by an old lady, in a terrace of bungalows inhabited by other old ladies. I think I will be right at home here! I am hoping that when I visit it, I won't find some terrible flaw.

Good luck Tally. :thumbs: I hope you find the right place in the near future....the bungalow you mentioned sounds as if it has potential.

Sadie

Keep looking Tally...the right place will come along, and you'll know straight away.

When I was house hunting, I fell in love with an old lady's house. It hadn't been changed since she got married in the 40's, and it still had a lovely old pantry with stone shelves...but my 'darling' H wouldn't even come and look at it! :rolleyes:

I love house hunting...keep us informed of all the horrors you look at, and I'm looking forward to when you find the one for you!

:thumbs: